Windows 10: Maximized windows on left display has serious problems

Discus and support Maximized windows on left display has serious problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10. Two monitors. The left monitor 2 is set as "main". In this display, windows that are maximized - with explorer or any other app - has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by robporetti, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Maximized windows on left display has serious problems

Windows 10. Two monitors. The left monitor 2 is set as "main". In this display, windows that are maximized - with explorer or any other app - has the following "features":

1 The top part of the window about 1 cm is black. The top left corner is also a black rectangle about 2x2 cm. The top right corner is a black rectangle about 2 cm high x 8 cm long:

Maximized windows on left display has serious problems 91514c29-144a-4f4e-8d1a-d6f294500139?upload=true.jpg

2 If you try to click or double click in the black area - for example, to close the window - or use the min max buttons or the upper left corner window menu system - the clicks affect the underlying items. eg: if there is a desktop item there - like the trashcan - it will open on double-click. It behaves like the areas in black are "transparent" to the underling environment.

3 Therefore, you cannot min/max via window buttons; only though the taskbar menu system: but only if it is available.

4 This problem does not occur in my right monitor 1 window.

I have tried restarting. I have done a sfc /scannow, as well as DISM CheckHealth/ScanHealth/RestoreHealth: no issues. I have not installed any new software anytime recently. The problem started yesterday. It is a surprisingly debilitating issue: I've had to resort to only using my right monitor.

:)

robporetti, Dec 31, 2019
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 31, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Maximized windows on left display has serious problems

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Maximized windows on left display has serious problems

1. Maximized windows on left display has serious problems - Similar Threads - Maximized left display

2. Windows Hello, serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello, serious problem: Hi,I need your help.I didn't set up 'Windows Hello Pin', and if I would like to do so in my settings, I can't, take a look belowHowever, everywhere they expect me, to have oneThat makes it impossible to log into any of Microsoft application.I couldn't find any other way to...
  3. My computer has a serious problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer has a serious problem: I was randomly using my pc and I connected my one drive which I accidentally installed all the files from my old laptop that had a virus and suddenly I got a blue screen saying kernel I page error and it shows the logo when the computer starts up then instantly flashes to no...
  4. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  5. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  6. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My computer has a serious problem PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer has a serious problem PLEASE HELP: Hello, I have a problem. This past week every time when I turned on my PC it randomly turned itself on and off again. The same happened a couple of days ago as usual so I brushed It off because I couldn't do anything. But it got worse and worse. A couple of days ago my PC did...
  8. MsMpEng.exe has become a seriously problem for my system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe has become a seriously problem for my system: In recent days, the 'Antimalware Service Executable' process has been kicking in periodically throughout the day as I'm trying to work.It will generally use about ~8% of my CPU at idle as shown below.The problem is when this happens, the fans on my CPU cooler go crazy and...
  9. Serious Windows 10 or Display issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Serious Windows 10 or Display issue?: I tried playing The Wolf Among Us on Steam last night, swapping the primary display to my second screen a ~2015 tv and bumping up the resolution in game. The computer began lagging, requiring me to end the task but the game ran fine on second attempt. Since then I have...
  10. My Laptop has serious problems after freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop has serious problems after freezing: Ok, first off, this was happened when i was using my laptop normally and then suddenly my laptop froze. After waited for about 10 minutes, it's still freezing. So i had to force shutdown my laptop. And then, when i was trying to start the laptop again, it failed twice until...