Windows 10: Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time

Discus and support Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Previously if I double clicked the shortcuts of Steam, Origin and Uplay while they were running instantly maximized their windows. Now if I double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ancalimon, Dec 28, 2015.

1. ancalimon Win User

Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time

Previously if I double clicked the shortcuts of Steam, Origin and Uplay while they were running instantly maximized their windows. Now if I double click them it takes a long time before they are maximized as if the computer is reloading them from scratch. I also have GOG Galaxy as a shortcut but it does not happen with that icon. What do you think changed?

The only thing that IO think might be related is that I disabled indexing of C drive but I later found that it was not a good idea and changed it back to indexing enabled.

:)

ancalimon, Dec 28, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Default setting for file/folder view

James, can you please try this for me.

Right click the MS Word Program shortcut, choose Properties

In the Run drop down, choose 'Maximized'

Click apply and OK

Open Word from the Shortcut

Then Press Ctrl key and click Close

Then double click a Word file and see if Word opens the document in maximized view . . .

DaveM121, Dec 28, 2015
  3. opening apps in task bar maximized

Like most people I expect, I've organized my shortcuts on the desktop so that some apps open minimized, some normal, and some maximized. This is done right-clicking on the shortcut, opening the properties window and choosing in the 'run' window whichever
    size you prefer for that particular app/program. For example, I like to open file explorer as large as possible, i.e. maximized.

When it comes to shortcuts on the taskbar, however, I've never found a method which works. Take the file explorer shortcut. I can do this:

right-click folder which brings up the following list of options: desktop, downloads, documents, pictures, file explorer, unpin from taskbar

I right-click file explorer, then on 'properties' then choose run 'maximized', and click OK

Next time I click on the file explorer shortcut on the taskbar, instead of opening maximized, it opens in normal size.

I can maximize it manually of course, but it doesn't remember this, and the next time I open it from the taskbar, it's back to normal again.

This has been going on in multiple versions of Windows, at least back to Windows 7 and 8.

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

Chris Saunders 1946, Dec 28, 2015
  4. ancalimon Win User

ancalimon, Dec 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time - Similar Threads - Maximizing double clicking

2. The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start: I noticed that the above programs are running with a lag of exactly 2 minutes. Processor during this time does not load the word completely Cycles in CPU does not increase. How is it possible to find out what is wrong? There are suspicions that it may be either the video card...
  3. The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start: I noticed that the above programs are running with a lag of exactly 2 minutes. Processor during this time does not load the word completely Cycles in CPU does not increase. How is it possible to find out what is wrong? There are suspicions that it may be either the video card...
  4. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  5. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  6. Right click on Desktop takes long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on Desktop takes long time: For some reason when I use the RMB while in desktop it takes around 5 seconds to open and only in desktop... In games,Programs,etc.... it is smooth. Any way to fix that? submitted by /u/AhmedKiller2015 [link] [comments]...
  7. Right Click takes long time to appear Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click takes long time to appear Windows 10: Hello, I'm facing a problem regarding my laptop's right click menu. It takes a long time for the menu to appear when i use my right click about 30-60 seconds. It is very frustrating as it makes the cursor unable to use on the desktop while it is loading. I...
  8. When i click on a shortcut on desktop cursor takes too long

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i click on a shortcut on desktop cursor takes too long: When i click on anything on my desktop it takes too long to load folders or shortcuts and left or right click are the same . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-shortcut-on-desktop-cursor-takes/e5c6b3f1-8961-42b2-b2f3-6c58b8d59922
  9. Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run: I have an Octo Core Processor but everything that I try to run/open up takes a long time, I have a reading showing that the Processor runs at around 2% to 3% and the 8GB of Ram is using about 45% to 48% when the computer is idle, how can I be using 45% of ram when the...
  10. Dialogs take a long time to appear after mouse click.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dialogs take a long time to appear after mouse click.: I have a Win 10 system. I am on automatic updates as well. Over the past several months, my MS Office apps, and other apps like CorelDraw and ChemSketch, I have had significant "hanging". For instance, when I go to save a file, I click on Save, and it takes up to a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. maximize shortcuts by double clicking