Windows 10: Maximum CPU performance drops in graphic heavy programs after Windows 10 update.

Discus and support Maximum CPU performance drops in graphic heavy programs after Windows 10 update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For several times now, I have noticed a problem that often occurs after the latest Windows 10 updates. For several updates now, I noticed CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MintyVissers, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Maximum CPU performance drops in graphic heavy programs after Windows 10 update.

For several times now, I have noticed a problem that often occurs after the latest Windows 10 updates.

For several updates now, I noticed CPU problems after the update. The CPU's maximum performance suddenly drops, mostly in graphic heavy objects, but sometimes even randomly (like browsing internet). The CPU temperature is not elevated. Sometimes, a Nvidia driver update seems to help, but not all the times. Also, removing the latest Windows 10 update often solve the problems Its seem that something between the Windows 10 Update and the Nvidia driver is the culprit.

At the present moment, there is no Nvidia update, and I can't remove the latest Windows 10 Update (for some unknown reason).

I am not sure if to address the problem with Microsoft or Nvidia, so i'll report the problem to both. However it seems like the Windows Update often causes the problem in the first place.

PC specs:

Asus X55uqk

CPU: Intel core i7-7500u

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 94MX

:)

MintyVissers, Oct 17, 2019

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Performance drop in windows update.

Hi,

This erratic behavior of Windows 10 may have risen from the recent update itself. During updates,
    issues may arise from software changes, outdated drivers, conflicting
    programs,
    and sometimes update components that was not successfully completed.

You may run the Windows Update troubleshooter. By doing this we will be able to determine if the root cause of the issue and thereby fix it.

Kindly follow the steps below:

Note:
    If you select Save, you need to go to the folder where
    the troubleshooter is downloaded to. After the download is complete, double-click the latest
    wu.diagcabfile to run the troubleshooter.

• Select Next
      and follow the steps in the wizard to find and fix problems with Windows
      Update.

If you will be facing
    any issue while troubleshooting, please provide the outcome, so that we can resume working on your concern.

Rey Cam, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Maximum CPU performance drops in graphic heavy programs after Windows 10 update.

Performance drop in windows update.

For Windows Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.248), getting the most recent KB update may resolve our concern. Kindly check
    February 13, 2018—KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248). On this article, listed are various issues that may also be the reason
    why you are having a drop in your Windows performance. Instructions on how to get this latest update is found at the bottom part of the page.

It would also help resolve our concern if we know the specific OS Build.
    Kindly follow the steps belowto know it.

• Press
      Windows logo + I
      to open
      Settings.

• In the
      Settings window, choose System.

• then click on
      About.
      Under
      Windows specification page, you will see your exact OS Build.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Maximum CPU performance drops in graphic heavy programs after Windows 10 update.

1. Maximum CPU performance drops in graphic heavy programs after Windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - Maximum CPU performance

2. Performance Drop after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Drop after Windows 10 Update: I just built a new pc on 3/28 and I've had super high performance on programs like Autodesk Maya and Clip Studio Paint as well as games like Starcraft 2. Yesterday, on 3/31 I got a windows update and, when it finished, I noticed that all of my frame rates dropped from a max...
  3. Drop performance after install new windows 10

Drop performance after install new windows 10: Hello, I had an issue with my graphic settings. I was upgraded my ssd , so i lost my old windows 10 in my older ssd. My graphic performace was awesome, i had GTX 1050Ti with Intel i7 8750H and 16GB of RAM. With that i can play games with fps over 90. But when i install new...
  4. MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2: Hello everyone! I understand that the build is very new but I wanted to ask if what's happening on my pc right now is normal. I own an Idepad Flex 5 14ARE05 with ryzen 5 4500u and vega6 graphics. With 2004 my OpenGL (cinebench R15) benchmark score was around 55/56 fps. Once...
  5. Just installed Windows 10. Heavy, heavy lags with graphics, need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just installed Windows 10. Heavy, heavy lags with graphics, need help.: Hi, let's keep it short Just installed Windows 10 after Windows 7 had been working perfectly Installed all new drivers etc. System crashes (BSOD - video memory management etc.) after I try to open AutoCAD or League of legends (the only game I play) Here are my specs Win10...
  6. Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ?

Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ?: Hi, I installed windows 10 x64 in january 2019 and installed all updates from Microsoft but this month (august) i ran some performace test for CPU (intel 8700k) and the results are lower than those taken in january. I ran the test multiple times, no changes in hardware,...
  7. HEAVY performance drops when batrery life below 56%

HEAVY performance drops when batrery life below 56%: Now , I don't believe this is SUPPOSED to be happening, but it is. When my laptop's battery goes below 56%, performance drops HEAVILY. (going from 60 to -15 fps) Example: When it's 56% or higher, I'm able to watch videos and scroll through pages smoothly. When it's below 56%,...
  8. Assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 10 programs

in Windows 10 News
    Assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 10 programs: Windows 10 users and administrators may assign graphics performance preferences to specific programs on the operating system. Windows 10 supports different power plans, e.g. power saver or the new ultimate performance plan. Devices may switch between different power plans...
  9. Windows 10 = Performance drops

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 = Performance drops: Hi guys, I recently upgraded to windows 10 (Clean install) from windows 7 64-bit. I have a Geforce GTX 970 GPU, latest drivers, latest BIOS. In fact the computer isn't over 2 months old. However after upgrading to Windows 10, I have experienced substantial performance...
  10. After Anniversary update performance drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Anniversary update performance drop: Noticing lot of performance problems like freezing for several minutes after applying latest windows 10 updates. Even tried to reinstall my security programs but nothing really helps. I think that my PC is not that old to be freezing like this. I am running Windows 10 64 Bit...