Windows 10: Maximum memory my computer can hold

Discus and support Maximum memory my computer can hold in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i purchased an HP slim Desktop S01pf1013W. It is a 64 bit windows home OS. It has 4 GB of memory and it is quite slow. I wan't to add more memory, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sharlene521, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Maximum memory my computer can hold

i purchased an HP slim Desktop S01pf1013W. It is a 64 bit windows home OS. It has 4 GB of memory and it is quite slow. I wan't to add more memory, but I don't know how much it can take. Any one have any ideas?

:)

Sharlene521, Jan 5, 2021

2. Your computer is low in memory. To prevent...

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to change the size of virtual memory and check if it helps.

To change the size of virtual memory follow the steps below:

• Right click on This PC.
    • Go to Advance System Settings.
    • On the Advanced tab, under
      Performance
      , click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under
      Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the
      Initial size (MB) or Maximum
      size (MB) box.
    • Click Set and then click OK.
    I would also suggest you to check if a program overuses memory

If the computer becomes low on memory whenever you run certain programs, one or more of those programs might have a memory leak. To stop a memory leak, you need to close the program. To repair a memory leak, you need to check for updates for
    the program or contact the publisher of the software.

To determine which program is using the most memory, follow these steps:

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key to open Task Manager.
    • Click the Processes tab.
    • To sort programs by memory usage, click
      Memory.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Widows Performance Recorder for Low Memory Messages

Hi,

I suggest you to check if the computer is using its full memory.

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig.
    • Go to Advance options and check if you have choosen use Maximum memory.
    If not, I suggest you to place a check mark, restart the computer and check if that helps.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Maximum memory my computer can hold

New Laptop constantly low on memory.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive low memory error even though it has 8 gb of RAM. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

Corruptions in Windows components, Ram not accessing its full capacity, multiple files opened on the computer etc.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up

unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
      • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
      • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
      • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the computer is using its full memory.

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig.
    • Go to Advance options and check if you have choosen use Maximum memory.
    • If not, I suggest you to place a check mark, restart the computer and check if that helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Maximum memory my computer can hold

1. Maximum memory my computer can hold - Similar Threads - Maximum memory computer

2. Maximum SD memory supported on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum SD memory supported on my laptop.: I own a Lenovo Ideapad 1-14ADA05 Laptop - Type 82GWWhat is the maximum SD memory size supported on my laptop?Is it SD micro or Nano?Recommended types of SD card, Speed ect?I have tried looking on the online manual ect but no help, Any help here would be greatly appreciated:D...
  3. Maximum SD memory supported on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum SD memory supported on my laptop.: I own a Lenovo Ideapad 1-14ADA05 Laptop - Type 82GWWhat is the maximum SD memory size supported on my laptop?Is it SD micro or Nano?Recommended types of SD card, Speed ect?I have tried looking on the online manual ect but no help, Any help here would be greatly appreciated:D...
  4. Msconfig maximum memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Msconfig maximum memory: Hello when i checked the maximum performance and restarted my pc it doesn't work anymore i did this because of the unused memory thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-maximum-memory/0f06bdb0-e8ae-47a1-a2da-634cd360dbdd
  5. Maximum Memory Set to 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximum Memory Set to 0: Hello, I did a thing and checked my Maximum Memory usage trying to set my memory to 16gb but it incorrectly set to 0. This is causing my windows to blue screen and it will not boot my RAM I guess? I'm looking to use a command in the command prompt to reset this? Any...
  6. Maximum Memory Set to 0

Maximum Memory Set to 0: Hello, I did a thing and checked my Maximum Memory usage trying to set my memory to 16gb but it incorrectly set to 0. This is causing my windows to blue screen and it will not boot my RAM I guess? I'm looking to use a command in the command prompt to reset this? Any...
  7. Maximum memory problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maximum memory problem: My friend and I were trying to increase the number of processors on our laptops from 1 to 8, but in the process I accidentally set my maximum memory to 0. Can this be fixed at all or not? submitted by /u/yelam27 [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer holding onto Standby memory, not releasing it to free memory when needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer holding onto Standby memory, not releasing it to free memory when needed: So I’m having a memory problem which is causing programs to freeze and/or crash. What happens is, when I’m gaming usually, the computer builds up standby memory (super fast). It occupies half of my RAM (so, around 8/16 gigs) but doesn’t free it up even though it is needed....
  9. A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig

A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Home 64 bit with 8.00 GB ram. 6.93 GB is usable, but when I tick "Maximum Memory" it changes to "5.95 GB usable". Does anybody know why? The value for the setting is 0. Thanks...
  10. maximum memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    maximum memory: Why won't maximum memory save settings in boot advanced options. I tried with it checked and without. I clicked on "make all boot settings permanent. Apply and hit ok, when I go back into it nothing was saved or changed. Please help...