Windows 10: Maximum memory problem

Discus and support Maximum memory problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My friend and I were trying to increase the number of processors on our laptops from 1 to 8, but in the process I accidentally set my maximum memory to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yelam27, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Maximum memory problem

My friend and I were trying to increase the number of processors on our laptops from 1 to 8, but in the process I accidentally set my maximum memory to 0. Can this be fixed at all or not?

submitted by /u/yelam27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yelam27, Aug 13, 2020

2. Memory problem after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

This issue might occur if the system is unable to access the complete memory.

I suggest you to enable complete memory utilization of the system, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and type as “msconfig”.
    • Click on “boot” tab and sect “advance options” button.
    • Then check the box “maximum memory” and click on “ok”.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Maximum memory problem

windows 10 memory problem

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• How much memory it show on your system property?

To check the installed memory and usable memory, press
      Windows key + Pause/Break key and check how much memory is installed on your system, how much memory is usable?

• Have you made any changes to the computer, prior to the issue?

I suggest you the try the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Press Windows key + r to open Run prompt.

2) Type msconfig and hit Enter.

3) Click on Boot tab.

4) Click on Advanced options button.

5) Mark Check on Maximum memory.

6) Reboot your system.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Maximum memory problem

1. Maximum memory problem - Similar Threads - Maximum memory problem

2. Maximum SD memory supported on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum SD memory supported on my laptop.: I own a Lenovo Ideapad 1-14ADA05 Laptop - Type 82GWWhat is the maximum SD memory size supported on my laptop?Is it SD micro or Nano?Recommended types of SD card, Speed ect?I have tried looking on the online manual ect but no help, Any help here would be greatly appreciated:D...
  3. Maximum SD memory supported on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum SD memory supported on my laptop.: I own a Lenovo Ideapad 1-14ADA05 Laptop - Type 82GWWhat is the maximum SD memory size supported on my laptop?Is it SD micro or Nano?Recommended types of SD card, Speed ect?I have tried looking on the online manual ect but no help, Any help here would be greatly appreciated:D...
  4. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig: Hello. I want to ask something related to the RAM installed on my computer. There is 8GB of RAM installed but only 5.95GB can be used. Then I watched a video on YouTube to solve the "useable RAM" and there is one way, namely by clicking maximum memory and set it to maximum....
  5. Msconfig maximum memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Msconfig maximum memory: Hello when i checked the maximum performance and restarted my pc it doesn't work anymore i did this because of the unused memory thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-maximum-memory/0f06bdb0-e8ae-47a1-a2da-634cd360dbdd
  6. Maximum Memory Set to 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximum Memory Set to 0: Hello, I did a thing and checked my Maximum Memory usage trying to set my memory to 16gb but it incorrectly set to 0. This is causing my windows to blue screen and it will not boot my RAM I guess? I'm looking to use a command in the command prompt to reset this? Any...
  7. Maximum Memory Set to 0

Maximum Memory Set to 0: Hello, I did a thing and checked my Maximum Memory usage trying to set my memory to 16gb but it incorrectly set to 0. This is causing my windows to blue screen and it will not boot my RAM I guess? I'm looking to use a command in the command prompt to reset this? Any...
  8. Maximum memory my computer can hold

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maximum memory my computer can hold: i purchased an HP slim Desktop S01pf1013W. It is a 64 bit windows home OS. It has 4 GB of memory and it is quite slow. I wan't to add more memory, but I don't know how much it can take. Any one have any ideas?...
  9. A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig

A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Home 64 bit with 8.00 GB ram. 6.93 GB is usable, but when I tick "Maximum Memory" it changes to "5.95 GB usable". Does anybody know why? The value for the setting is 0. Thanks...
  10. maximum memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    maximum memory: Why won't maximum memory save settings in boot advanced options. I tried with it checked and without. I clicked on "make all boot settings permanent. Apply and hit ok, when I go back into it nothing was saved or changed. Please help...