Windows 10: Maximum number of printers on a printer server or even a local computer?

Discus and support Maximum number of printers on a printer server or even a local computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just as the title says. What is the maximum number of printers a Windows 10 print server could support? And is this different than a normal desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 5m4llP0X, Oct 17, 2018.

1. 5m4llP0X Win User

Maximum number of printers on a printer server or even a local computer?

Just as the title says. What is the maximum number of printers a Windows 10 print server could support? And is this different than a normal desktop client?

:)

5m4llP0X, Oct 17, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

3. keakar Win User
    Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Oct 18, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Maximum number of printers on a printer server or even a local computer? [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Maximum number of printers on a printer server or even a local computer? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Maximum number of printers on a printer server or even a local computer? - Similar Threads - Maximum number printers

2. Printer for this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer for this computer: what printer is compatable with the computer acer 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-for-this-computer/36df21e8-a473-4b68-8b3a-aaefc28bc97f
  3. Printer for this computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer for this computer: what printer is compatable with the computer acer 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-for-this-computer/36df21e8-a473-4b68-8b3a-aaefc28bc97f
  4. Printer for this computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  6. Printer Server Not Displaying as Available Printer

Printer Server Not Displaying as Available Printer: Good morning y'all. I have a Canon imageClass MF4150 print/fax/scan that works well when directly connected to my Windows 10 PC up-to-date. I want to be able to use the printer from other devices so I purchased a IOGear print server. I connected the printer > print server >...
  7. Printer no longer printer from computer

Printer no longer printer from computer: My HP OfficeJet 4650 as of this morning will no longer print from my computer. Windows Troubleshooter says that the printer cannot be contacted over the network. I have tried everything I know to fix it. Unplug/restart/default etc....
  8. Number Pad and printer issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Number Pad and printer issues: After Windows updates I get lots of issues. Some months ago the update caused incorrect work of the Number Pad but the next update led to my printer stopped working. What is going on?...
  9. Printers Keep Defaulting To Local Printers Let Windows Manage Printer Is Off

Printers Keep Defaulting To Local Printers Let Windows Manage Printer Is Off: Hi, We have a bunch of people that their printer keeps switching from a defaulted network printer, printing from a print server on a domain controller to a locally installed printer. We use group policy preferences to add the printer to the user profile and let windows...
  10. printers and computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printers and computers: I just bought a HP all in on computer and I want to install my canon all in one printer..... HOw do I do it without the disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printers-and-computers/fd5fde8e-1009-4ad3-896d-272adbd8b20a