Windows 10: Maximum throttle all the time

Discus and support Maximum throttle all the time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the last week or so, my throttle seems to be stuck at full power, no matter what I do with my throttle lever. I am using a TWCS for my throttle and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HughGreentree, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Maximum throttle all the time

For the last week or so, my throttle seems to be stuck at full power, no matter what I do with my throttle lever. I am using a TWCS for my throttle and a VKB Gladiator NXT for my joystick. If I reduce the throttle, the engine slows down for a moment, then goes back to full power. This is annoying as heck.

I've set up several profiles for both of my controllers. After the latest update, any effort to change profiles causes the game to crash. Fan...frakkking...amazing.

Any suggestions?

:)

HughGreentree, Oct 30, 2020
  2. DaShadoes Win User

MSFS 2020 Throttle

I have the throttle quadrant and it all works fine except the throttle range is from 50% to full throttle only. It will not reduce past halfway.

The game controller calibration works correctly and it works correctly with FSX and X-PLANE.

Any suggestions?

DaShadoes, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Windows is power throttling for no reason.

Hi Damon_203,

It is normal to have lower CPU Core Frequency when your computer is idle
    for it is not working as hard as when it is active. This can help your computer save energy since less resources are used during this period. If you do not wish Windows to throttle your CPU when idle, you can either set your
    Power Options to Performance or change the
    minimum processor state
    from the default 5% to your desired setting in
    Advance power settings
    . To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
    2. Type-in powercfg.cpl and press Enter.
    3. From here you choose your desired power plan.
    4. You can change power plan's settings by clicking Change plan settings.
    5. Click on Change advanced power settings.
    6. Look for Processor power management and click on the plus sign (+) to expand the list.
    7. You can set the Minimum and Maximum processor states to
      %.
    8. Click OK.

If you have additional questions, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Gerald Vit, Oct 30, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Maximum throttle all the time

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Maximum throttle all the time :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Maximum throttle all the time

1. Maximum throttle all the time - Similar Threads - Maximum throttle

2. How do I fix my ethernet connection? It reaches a maximum of 9mbps only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my ethernet connection? It reaches a maximum of 9mbps only: I built my new PC recently and I've been relying on ethernet ever since. Recently, my PC hasn't been reaching its average connection speed of 360mbps. It has only been reaching a maximum of 9mbps. I've tried flushing the DNS, changing the speed and duplex to 1gb yet nothing...
  3. How do I fix my ethernet connection? It reaches a maximum of 9mbps only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my ethernet connection? It reaches a maximum of 9mbps only: I built my new PC recently and I've been relying on ethernet ever since. Recently, my PC hasn't been reaching its average connection speed of 360mbps. It has only been reaching a maximum of 9mbps. I've tried flushing the DNS, changing the speed and duplex to 1gb yet nothing...
  4. How do I fix my ethernet connection? It reaches a maximum of 9mbps only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What is the maximum number of CPU and CORES supported by Windows 11 Enterprise version 23h2 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the maximum number of CPU and CORES supported by Windows 11 Enterprise version 23h2 ?: Hello all,I'm wondering what the maximum limit on the number of processors and cores supported by Windows 11 Enterprise version 23H2 is. Could anyone give me the answer and possibly a link to an official document on the subject?...
  6. What is the maximum number of CPU and CORES supported by Windows 11 Enterprise version 23h2 ?

What is the maximum number of CPU and CORES supported by Windows 11 Enterprise version 23h2 ?: Hello all,I'm wondering what the maximum limit on the number of processors and cores supported by Windows 11 Enterprise version 23H2 is. Could anyone give me the answer and possibly a link to an official document on the subject?...
  7. My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%: Hi guys, as the title, my laptop freeze randomly and stop working I must force shutdown and reset the laptop whenever I set Maximum Processcor State at 100%If I set it down to 99%, my laptop works well but the performance is downed significantly.For example: - When I set it...
  8. My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%: Hi guys, as the title, my laptop freeze randomly and stop working I must force shutdown and reset the laptop whenever I set Maximum Processcor State at 100%If I set it down to 99%, my laptop works well but the performance is downed significantly.For example: - When I set it...
  9. My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%

10. CPU speed throttling Maximum Processor State does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPU speed throttling Maximum Processor State does not work anymore: First, I used the CPU speed limitation and system cooling policy=passive to keep down the fan noise. This worked fine, for a long time. But now I suddenly get this behaviour: Maximum Processor State: 80% or less -> CPU speed does not exceed 1.6 Ghz anymore! Maximum...