Windows 10: Maxthon won't download

Discus and support Maxthon won't download in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been using windows 10 for about 2 weeks. The browser I use on all my PCs is Maxthon because it is pretty nifty. Don't try to convert me to another... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by klear6, Sep 24, 2015.

1. klear6 Win User

Maxthon won't download

I've been using windows 10 for about 2 weeks. The browser I use on all my PCs is Maxthon because it is pretty nifty. Don't try to convert me to another one - it's already to late. Everything works fine...for awhile. Eventually the browser's download manager stops working. It shown no response at all when I click on a DL link. I had this problem before but when I reset windows (for another reason) I had to redownload the browser and reinstall. It worked perfectly ...for awhile. Now I'm back to the same problem. I've taken to copying DL links and pasting them in Edge. It's really quite sad - plz help. >(

:)

klear6, Sep 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 not finding remote printer when trying to print pdf files from a local pc.

Update: Tried printing a PDF from my Maxthon browser and it too fails to print! Again, as in the two PDF printers mentioned in my previous post, Maxthon browser's print program seems to find the printer but won't print.

John Edwardze, Sep 24, 2015
  3. rawal1 Win User
    Adchoices; how can I remove from windows 10 / edge?

Try Maxthon browser - it has a built in Ad Blocker.
    Maxthon Download

rawal1, Sep 24, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Maxthon won't download

Which version of Maxthon you are using? I have the latest version, have used Maxthon since Windows Vista days and have never had any issues with its downloader. It is currently running flawless in my Windows 10 Build 10547.

Maxthon won't download [​IMG]

5. klear6 Win User
    I am using the newest version of Maxthon. This issue comes and goes and is incredibly annoying. I have too much stuff tied to Maxthon to change browsers, and I am sick of having to open Edge to DL things when it stops working. Any suggestions?

klear6, Oct 8, 2015
  6. Just for testing purposes, I also installed the same version as above and the downloading was fine. I'm not sure exactly why it's doing it for you. But for you, maybe you can save your maxthon configuration and uninstall and reinstall?

GamerwGlasses, Oct 8, 2015
  7. klear6 Win User
    I uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled and reconfigured maxthon and it still has the same problem. It must be some minute setting somewhere that I am overlooking that was probably created for sole purpose of annoying me. It's not so terrible that I have to use another download manager but I wish it wasn't through another browser and I wish I had access to my maxthon cloud....I miss having my install files in the sky. Is there some kind of external download manager that I could feasibly replace it with? Something cloud-based (hopefully)? Sorry it took so long to reply, I lost my bookmark to the post. lol

klear6, Nov 6, 2015
  8. klear6 Win User

Maxthon won't download

I tried opening the download manager after a fresh reboot and before I opened any other programs - besides avast which I have set to start on boot - the dl manager works under these circumstances... So I'm betting some program I run on a regular basis is inhibiting it...but which one? or is it a process? any clue?

klear6, Nov 6, 2015
  9. daniellouwrens, Nov 6, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    I just downloaded Maxthon 3, not the Cloud version, no problem.

Berton, Nov 6, 2015
  11. klear6 Win User
    Posted at the Maxthon Forum...still waiting for a reply. Thanks for the link. =)

klear6, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Maxthon won't download

1. Maxthon won't download - Similar Threads - Maxthon won't download

2. KB5001716 won't Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5001716 won't Download: Windows Update is saying:Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.But when I try to download, it gives me this error message:There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or...
  3. Mail won't download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail won't download: Does anyone know how to fix the issue with some emails not downloading in Mail app? Only select senders like eBay. I have tried the sync settings, it's not that. I have 2 linked inboxes. Not using outlook at all, so it's not one of them. Thanks!...
  4. Game won't download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game won't download: I purchased a game in Microsoft stores. After I click install on device a message pops up saying that I don't have an applicable device linked to my Microsoft account. Why is it not allowing me to install?? plz help!...
  5. Won't download?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Won't download?: Ark for windows 10 won't download on my pc. after about 100 mb of download, it says error. I have wiped my cash and i am very sure i purchased the game. any thoughts on how to fix?...
  6. Game won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game won't download: I recenty purchased the xbox game pass and everything works fine apart from Impernator rome. When I try to download it says error. Clicking see details shows the code: 0x80073CF3. Other apps/games download fine....
  7. Minecraft won't download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft won't download: When trying to download minecraft java edition to my PC, I keep getting an error that 'Another installation is in progress & I must complete that installation before continuing this one.' Iwent to my program files, download files & desktop & made sure anything related to...
  8. Upgrade won't download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade won't download: I tried to upgrade through the link pasted below, downloaded the upgrade assistant, and started the download. At around 98% it stopped and I received the error that there was not enough disk space. I have 546 gigabytes available on C drive so space is obviously not an issue...
  9. Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar: Maxthon Browser doesn't seem to let you have icons only on the Favorites Bar. Here's a little workaround: Add a site to the Favorites Bar but don't edit the title, (yet) [img] [img] Once it's pinned, right click on it and choose Edit [img] then give it a...
  10. Maxthon Nitro Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Maxthon Nitro Browser: Hi All, I was just curious just how many member's in here are trying out / using the latest maxthon nitro browser. I mistakenly installed the 'regular' version of maxthon cloud browser..to be quite frank, I hated it. Hopefully I might actually like the nitro version. At...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont maxthon browser work with windows 10