Windows 10: May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification?

Discus and support May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a detailed document, much of it above my head, with the hardware requirements for the May update showing it to have been increased to 32 GB, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by clayto, Apr 25, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification?

I have a detailed document, much of it above my head, with the hardware requirements for the May update showing it to have been increased to 32 GB, and more for the 64bit OS. There are certain things important to those of us with 2-in-1 small storage Tablet PCs which are not clear (to me at least).

Nowhere does it seem to say if this refers to the amount of storage which is free / unused / unoccupied. If not there will be problems. Many of these devices only have 32 GB total to start with (actually less). My 64 bit machine after vigorous cleaning / slimming only has a little above 10 GB free at any time. But that refers to the system C drive. Are external drives counted, with their storage? If not and if what is referred to is the free storage available, what happens to the files which are in place when updating is attempted?

I know there is discussion of this issue elsewhere, mainly related to the effects of the new requirement for Reserve storage, but I am not sure what the answers to these basic points are.

:)

clayto, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
  3. mcw1260 Win User
    Increasing Temorary File Storage

I went to the link in Francis 96 reply. I had already been there and done that. The increase in storage, as Francis noted, has occurred since this summer. I have no photos on the phone. I deleted all the games and most of the apps that came with the phone.
    Aside from the app from the Carrier, I've not downloaded any other apps. I have Word and Excel files. But, these are not temporary files and are accounted for in storage sense in another classification. I keep Data Sense setting on High.

So, should I assume that the Temporary Files (wouldn't it be great if I could get a list of these!) will keep expanding?

Prior to the last update the Temporary Files would decrease in real numbers, not just the rate of increase. Buying more storage as the link suggests does not make sense. Why can't the Temporary Files be deleted and I delete them?

mcw1260, Apr 25, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification? - Similar Threads - May 2019 Update

2. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY HELP COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: Lic #**** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of Windows 10, I was...
  3. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: **** - **** – **** – **** – **** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of...
  4. Microsoft clarifies Windows 10 May 2019 Update storage requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft clarifies Windows 10 May 2019 Update storage requirements: Microsoft’s support document stated that both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update will require 32GB of storage. This caused confusion, but Microsoft has clarified that Windows 10 version 1903 new storage requirements don’t apply to existing...
  5. Windows update MAY 2019

Windows update MAY 2019: Hello , I want to know that when 1903 update will be released for India and what will the size of the update. Thanks in advance.........
  6. Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements: Microsoft has finally rolled out Windows 10 May 2019 Update to advanced users. and with the first wave of devices receiving the update as we speak. Unlike the previous releases, Windows 10 May 2019 Update is only available for users who would like to install it. Any Windows...
  7. May 2019 update

May 2019 update: Hello. I was wondering when the 1903 of windows will be released? How many weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-update/e1ff5233-7c1c-4c7f-8fe3-cd9d0089c39c
  8. New Storage space requirements for May 2019 Update

New Storage space requirements for May 2019 Update: https://www.onmsft.com/news/windows-10-may-2019-update-to-require-32gb-of-storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-storage-space-requirements-for-may-2019-update/4bd00528-e880-4fbd-89a6-f718190b5715
  9. Minimum storage requirement increases for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Minimum storage requirement increases for Windows 10 May 2019 Update: 3.3.1 Storage device size Devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions must include a storage device that meets the size requirements shown in Table 12. Table 12: Storage size requirements for devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions OS architecture OS version...
  10. Microsoft updates CPU requirements page for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates CPU requirements page for Windows 10 May 2019 Update: This specification details the processors that can be used with Customer Systems that include Windows Products (including Custom Images). Updates to this specification may be released in the future as requirements change.For each listed edition, Company must use only the...