Windows 10: May 2020 update broke my audio on HDMI external LG TV

Discus and support May 2020 update broke my audio on HDMI external LG TV in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; - Windows 10 Education 20H2 19042.630 - HP OMEN Notebook PC 15-5003nl - Intel HD Graphics: 20.19.15.5166 - Intel Audio Display Drivers: 26/04/2018... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavideAgu, Nov 27, 2020.

1. DavideAgu Win User

May 2020 update broke my audio on HDMI external LG TV

- Windows 10 Education 20H2 19042.630
    - HP OMEN Notebook PC 15-5003nl
    - Intel HD Graphics: 20.19.15.5166
    - Intel Audio Display Drivers: 26/04/2018 6.16.0.3208 IntcDAud.sys
    - Realtek 16/06/2020 6.0.8971.1 RTKVHD64.sys
    - NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM 14/03/2019 4.13.0.0 nvvad64v.sys
    Hi! Before May2020 update I used my external TV LG 19LE3308 for video/audio without any problem va HDMI.
    After the Update, I don't see the second screen as TV LG but now is "Intel AudioR Display Drivers - HDMI 1" and the audio doesn't work 99% of the time. I can't say 100% because at the startup, the audio works sometimes for some minutes, then it stops with a fuzzy sound from the LG speaker.
    I see volume indicator changing on playback during audio play without sounds from the speaker.

The LG works perfectly with Linux and I tried without HDMI too antenna only not a TV issue.
    I also tried a Samsung TV but I have the same issue. I tried changing the HDMI cord without success.

I opened a thread on Intel's forum. After checking my log, they made me install HP reccomended drivers from HP support webpage 20.19.15.5058 after uninstalling completely old drivers until I got 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' on Device manager.
    Same bugged behavior.
    I also upgraded LG TV firmware to 3.03.43 but the bug persists.

I tried old Intel HD graphic drivers 15.40.42.5063 without success.

Unfortunately I need to work with this laptop and at the moment restoring everything is not an feaseable option.

Similar issues to mine found on reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbtqky/windows_10_pc_cant_hear_audio_from_hdmi_connected/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gblug9/windows_randomly_stops_recognizing_my_tv_second/

How can I fix it or debug it?

:)

DavideAgu, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Wayned439 Win User

Audio lost to HDMI on LG smart tv.

After the upgrade to 10 I no longer have HDMI audio on my LG Smart TV. I have tried several ways to restore it. I do have sound to the speakers plugged in to my sound card but prefer using the audio on the TV. Any suggestions?

Wayned439, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

Okay, just tried this, Display Audio or anything mentioning the TV isn't on the list:

May 2020 update broke my audio on HDMI external LG TV [​IMG]

And the troubleshooter only had options for the same two devices in the tray before:

May 2020 update broke my audio on HDMI external LG TV [​IMG]

CrashGordon94, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. May 2020 update broke my audio on HDMI external LG TV - Similar Threads - May 2020 update

2. HDMI audio broke for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI audio broke for no apparent reason: For some reason HDMI audio is no longer working. I've done two recent changes since the last time I know it worked - the first was a routine Windows Update just a security update, not a feature update. The second was switching to UEFI boot using mbr2gpt, which unfortunately...
  3. HDMI audio broke for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI audio broke for no apparent reason: For some reason HDMI audio is no longer working. I've done two recent changes since the last time I know it worked - the first was a routine Windows Update just a security update, not a feature update. The second was switching to UEFI boot using mbr2gpt, which unfortunately...
  4. How do I Change Audio on Films & tv latest update May 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Change Audio on Films & tv latest update May 2020: How do I change the audio language on Films & tv app when playing a movie? I have tried to change audio and app crashes What do i press to change the audio languge to? Please help me. I am running latest windows version may 2020....
  5. LG TV?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LG TV?: Can my hp laptop screenshare a Zoom conference with my LG TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-tv/7da4dd9c-2498-4d96-9b8d-255bc2993a7c
  6. Windows 10 Update May 12 2020 Broke my bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update May 12 2020 Broke my bluetooth: Hello, After the latest Windows10 update on May 12,2020 I can not turn on my bluetooth function. There is no button in either settings, or the notification area. Checking device manager shows bluetooth working properly, updating drivers, says the latest are installed. My...
  7. May Update broke my speakers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    May Update broke my speakers?: I recently updated to the May 2019 windows update, and my built in audio for my laptop has stopped working, along with my audio jack for my regular speakers. When I plug in a headset via USB, it still works. My speakers were working clearly before the update on the same day....
  8. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

No audio on HDMI PC to tv: I do not understand nor do I know why my smart TV won't properly connect to my PC. My older tv works perfectly to my pc. The hdmi cable is new. I even tried a dvi cord and a display port cord, same issue. The smart TV and PC are both brand new so I don't understand why a...
  9. Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV: Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section. Basically I use Windows 10 64-bit and I just got done with the update to Version 1803. I often hook my laptop up to my LG TV via HDMI but now the TV audio no longer works, though the PC speakers are fine. My laptop is an HP Envy...
  10. Audio via HDMI to TV

Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...