Windows 10: May 2022 Windows 11 Update Might Have Caused A Steam Game To Stop Launching?

Discus and support May 2022 Windows 11 Update Might Have Caused A Steam Game To Stop Launching? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The game in question is Eve Online launched via Steam. It works perfectly fine last night then when I woke up my computer updated. I update my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by QuirkySmirkyIan, May 11, 2022.

1. May 2022 Windows 11 Update Might Have Caused A Steam Game To Stop Launching?

The game in question is Eve Online launched via Steam. It works perfectly fine last night then when I woke up my computer updated. I update my Windows 11 and try to get back into Eve Online however when I click play through Steam it doesn't load and then it says to click play again and still doesn't load. It says preparing to launch the game at some points but never actually launches. I have tried a few tech support videos on YouTube, restarting my computer, downloading and repairing visual studio, using windows troubleshooting, and researching the issue on Eve Online forums for hours. However

:)

QuirkySmirkyIan, May 11, 2022

2. Steam games won't launch on Windows 10?

Hi Oaasfari,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Which are all the Steam games you are unable to launch?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you try to launch the game?
    If the Steam games are not working in Windows 10 then, I would suggest you to contact the Games manufacturer for further assistance and check if the Game is compatible with Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 11, 2022
  3. j0rdanb Win User
    Steam games not launching on Windows 10

Hi all,

I'm having a problem when I try to launch Steam games, as whatever game I try to launch doesn't actually launch. A message comes up about the game "preparing to launch" but then nothing after that happens. Some games give me an error saying Steam is not running at all, whereas others just do nothing.

I've already completed all the troubleshooting steps on Steam's website but none of them have actually fixed it. The only temporary fix that works is restarting Steam, but this becomes very annoying when I have to do it multiple times a day every time I want to play a game.

Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated - thanks May 2022 Windows 11 Update Might Have Caused A Steam Game To Stop Launching? :)

j0rdanb, May 11, 2022
  4. May 2022 Windows 11 Update Might Have Caused A Steam Game To Stop Launching?

Some steam games fail to launch on Windows 10

Hi Ponyatno,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the completer error message do you received?
    • What exactly happen you try to launch Dota 2 using steam account?
    For now let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this help in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to disable and enable the graphic driver.

If the issue still persist, I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the game and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control panel.

• Click on Program and features, locate for the game, right click on it and uninstall it.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 11, 2022
Thema:

May 2022 Windows 11 Update Might Have Caused A Steam Game To Stop Launching?

1. May 2022 Windows 11 Update Might Have Caused A Steam Game To Stop Launching? - Similar Threads - May 2022 Update

2. Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem: On July 13 I received some MSN Updates: KB5038182, KB5028938 [this one seemed to have been issued twice] and MSRT.After the Restart, I noticed that my Taskbar had turned white. Going to "Personalisation", I found I couldn't change anything to where it should be. I'm staving...
  3. Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem: On July 13 I received some MSN Updates: KB5038182, KB5028938 [this one seemed to have been issued twice] and MSRT.After the Restart, I noticed that my Taskbar had turned white. Going to "Personalisation", I found I couldn't change anything to where it should be. I'm staving...
  4. Game crashes after May 2022 cumulative update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashes after May 2022 cumulative update: Hello,After the May 2022 cumulative update, the game Assassins Creed Origins crashes a lot, sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes it stays open longer, but almost never more than one hour, other times the PC gets BSOD and after freezing restarts immediately, this only happens...
  5. Game crashes after May 2022 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashes after May 2022 cumulative update: Hello,After the May 2022 cumulative update, the game Assassins Creed Origins crashes a lot, sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes it stays open longer, but almost never more than one hour, other times the PC gets BSOD and after freezing restarts immediately, this only happens...
  6. May 2022 Windows 11 Update Might Have Caused A Steam Game To Stop Launching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    May 2022 Windows 11 Update Might Have Caused A Steam Game To Stop Launching?: The game in question is Eve Online launched via Steam. It works perfectly fine last night then when I woke up my computer updated. I update my Windows 11 and try to get back into Eve Online however when I click play through Steam it doesn't load and then it says to click play...
  7. May 2022 Windows 11 update KB5013943 may break apps

in Windows 10 News
    May 2022 Windows 11 update KB5013943 may break apps: If you have installed the May 2022 cumulative update for Windows 11, you may have experienced issues with applications. Certain apps may crash, fail to open, or have other issues on affected devices. [ATTACH] Microsoft released cumulative updates for all supported versions...
  8. Some steam games will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some steam games will not launch: When I launch some games, they do not open with video; the audio plays but the video is just flashing static that looks like my screen is going to crash. This doesn't happen with every game, just some of them. I don't think it's to do with graphics settings because it can run...
  9. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  10. Steam games not launching on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching on Windows 10: Hi all, I'm having a problem when I try to launch Steam games, as whatever game I try to launch doesn't actually launch. A message comes up about the game "preparing to launch" but then nothing after that happens. Some games give me an error saying Steam is not running at...