Windows 10: May have been hit with Malware

Discus and support May have been hit with Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. I had the thing setup to always display my desktop as opposed to the Windows 10 start menu. Almost all of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HenryStock, Sep 12, 2019.

1. May have been hit with Malware

I am running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. I had the thing setup to always display my desktop as opposed to the Windows 10 start menu. Almost all of my applications had icons on the desktop.

• Now when I start, my desktop is totally empty even the color was changed.
    • I used to be able to show the desktop from any app by moving my cursor the the bottom right of the screen where there was a hotspot that would show or hide the desktop. That seems to have disappeared.
    • I checked my file folders and it seems that between the Public Desktop and my user Desktop folders under c:\users all the apps would be there if they would show up.
    • The app icons on the taskbar disappeared. I was able to get them back with a the option show app icons from a right click of the taskbar. The same goes for show all notifications icon.
    • I have Norton Security for antivirus protection, but that is about it.
    • One app that I had on my taskbar that is gone is Express VPN

I am wondering how to proceed to double check the system. I will run the Norton Scans, but it something hit me then Norton didn't catch it.

Microsoft has some malware detection programs, but I probably need to download new copies. Any ideas?

:)

HenryStock, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 12, 2019
  4. May have been hit with Malware

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

May have been hit with Malware

1. May have been hit with Malware - Similar Threads - May been hit

2. Have I been hit by a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hit by a virus?: Have I been hit by a virus.? My Toshiba pc will not boot “Boot failure: A proper digital signature was not found. One of the files on the selected boot device was rejected by the Secure Boot feature”. The following day I had 3 unsuccessful attempts to access my Microsoft...
  3. Have I been hit by a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have I been hit by a virus?: Have I been hit by a virus.? My Toshiba pc will not boot “Boot failure: A proper digital signature was not found. One of the files on the selected boot device was rejected by the Secure Boot feature”. The following day I had 3 unsuccessful attempts to access my Microsoft...
  4. Have I been hit by a virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. may have been infected with malware from visual studio?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    may have been infected with malware from visual studio?: i ran a virus scan because my pc was randomly freezing and it found a bunch of trojan.crypt in programdata for visual studio. im using malwarebytes should i be worried?...
  6. may have been infected with malware from visual studio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    may have been infected with malware from visual studio?: i ran a virus scan because my pc was randomly freezing and it found a bunch of trojan.crypt in programdata for visual studio. im using malwarebytes should i be worried?...
  7. may have been infected with malware from visual studio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. This may have been covered....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This may have been covered....: ….but I haven't been able to find a thread on this. First of all, I am running Windows10 v.1803. The computer hadn't been updated for quite a while (I know, I know...but that's a different story), & I'd learned 1803 wasn't going to be supported anymore. So, I went to download...
  9. I Have been Infected with Malware

I Have been Infected with Malware: Hello, does anyone know why at least once or twice every day, a popup wanting to update chromium appears in the command prompt window, an Internet Explorer shortcut appears on my desktop, and whenever I scan my computer with Malwarebytes and delete the stuff that's popping...
  10. I Have been Infected with Malware

I Have been Infected with Malware: Hi Chris again, I have found a folder in my Program Files x86 that is called Segurazo but when i try to delete this folder it says that I do not have the appropriate administrative permissions. I have only one user on this account as well so I do not know what is wrong. Can...