Windows 10: May have merged user and desktop

Discus and support May have merged user and desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was moving my desktop, documents, music, etc. folders to another drive to free up space on my C drive. I may have merged these folders with the users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David_979, Dec 30, 2019.

1. David_979 Win User

May have merged user and desktop

I was moving my desktop, documents, music, etc. folders to another drive to free up space on my C drive. I may have merged these folders with the users folder at some point. At first every file when into the desktop. Also desktop, documents, music, etc. now all have the same name "documents". Plus the original "desktop" content is not on the desktop anymore. There are now multiple desktop folders.

May have merged user and desktop a3c90d62-801e-4951-8dac-ac7fdb1d9afb?upload=true.png

:)

David_979, Dec 30, 2019

2. Desktop and user folder merging

Hi,

There are different ways for you to recover the previous folder settings on your computer. One of these is by following the steps below to organize and relocate your desktop or user folder.

• Press Windows key + E to launch File Explorer.
    • Right-click on the special folder that you want to restore (Desktop).
    • Then select Properties.
    • Navigate to the Location tab.
    • Click Restore Default.
    • Then click Apply to save the changes.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 30, 2019
  3. LukaMurn Win User
    Desktop and user folder merging

I was recently messing around with the desktop folder and I exidentaly
    merged it with my user folder. i tried to reverse it but it wuld not let me.

LukaMurn, Dec 30, 2019
  4. D_o_S Win User

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. May have merged user and desktop - Similar Threads - May merged user

2. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  3. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  4. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  6. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  7. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. D:\ and Desktop have merged

in Windows 10 Customization
    D:\ and Desktop have merged: Hello... Recently I had the not so brilliant idea to move my Desktop to my Hard Drive to create some extra room on my SSD. However, I messed up and managed to make my D drive and Desktop Merge. I have tried everything to fix it, but it won't let me set Desktop file back to...
  9. Desktop And Document User Files Merged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop And Document User Files Merged: [ATTACH] I don't know if this subreddit is used for Windows 10 support but I am new to Windows and I accidentally merged my Desktop and Documents folders. I have looked online for hours and I tried fixing it through regedit and I still can't figure it out. Please help me,...
  10. My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My user folder(s) have merged with the "User" folder???: I just got a 2TB HDD to go along side my 500GB SSD, started moving folders like "Documents" and "Pictures" over to the HDD, but realized that it was merging the folders I was moving with the folders I was moving them into. Then i successfully moved "Videos" back to my SSD but...