Windows 10: May I delete vol. 3 of my disk?

Discus and support May I delete vol. 3 of my disk? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is this vol. 3 in my disk? I don't know what it's doing there. DISKPART> list vol Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas Jr, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Thomas Jr Win User

May I delete vol. 3 of my disk?

What is this vol. 3 in my disk? I don't know what it's doing there.

DISKPART> list vol

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------

Volume 0 E DVD-ROM 0 B No Media

Volume 1 C Windows NTFS Partition 98 GB Healthy Boot

Volume 2 NTFS Partition 568 MB Healthy

Volume 3 NTFS Partition 911 MB Healthy

Volume 4 D DATA NTFS Partition 831 GB Healthy

Volume 5 Z FAT32 Partition 260 MB Healthy System

Volume 6 F DATA NTFS Partition 1862 GB Healthy

May I delete vol. 3 of my disk? 774c4634-2d37-4b73-a2b4-36a2de36818a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Thomas Jr, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 26, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 26, 2019
  4. May I delete vol. 3 of my disk?

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

May I delete vol. 3 of my disk?

1. May I delete vol. 3 of my disk? - Similar Threads - May delete vol

2. BSOD Hard Disk 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Hard Disk 3: Sometimes I have gotten this error as soon as I enter my Windows password at startup, but that's the only time it happens, during use I can use the PC for days and it doesn't happen, can anyone help me? Link with Minidump: Minidump...
  3. I deleted all my disks D,E and all i have is disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted all my disks D,E and all i have is disk 0: i deleted all my disks/drives/partitions drive D and E,etc while i was trying to install windows. So i deleted them in the boot up menu u see before ur brand new windows 10 i dont know how to explain it. i dont want my data back i just want my drives and the gb space because...
  4. I deleted all my disks D,E and all i have is disk 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I deleted all my disks D,E and all i have is disk 0: i deleted all my disks/drives/partitions drive D and E,etc while i was trying to install windows. So i deleted them in the boot up menu u see before ur brand new windows 10 i dont know how to explain it. i dont want my data back i just want my drives and the gb space because...
  5. Windows 10 vol 3 pops up it's my only 2 choices what next

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 vol 3 pops up it's my only 2 choices what next: Windows 10 vol 3 pops up it's my only 2 choices what next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vol-3-pops-up-its-my-only-2-choices/9cfdd9a8-5b77-4cee-ae9c-1f6f8fa2ce6d
  6. I see 3 accounts.can't delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    I see 3 accounts.can't delete: At users tab I see 3 accounts.2 of them with the same avatar. Can I delete/merge them and keep only one?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-see-3-accountscant-delete/ed0e5bec-842b-4981-926a-afeac6a69c1e
  7. I upgraded to 64 bit from 32 bit. I have 3 Hard internal Disks. I deleted the disk...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I upgraded to 64 bit from 32 bit. I have 3 Hard internal Disks. I deleted the disk...: I upgraded to 64 bit from 32 bit today using the bootable USB flash drive. I have 3 hard internal disks. Like an ABSOLUTE IDIOT, I deleted the disk partitions. I don't even remember how much space was in each disk. I NEED HELP restoring it pls. Help is appreciated. I want...
  8. This Week on Xbox: May 3, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: May 3, 2019: Ff4Ydwwahlg We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  9. Low vol in windows 10 Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Low vol in windows 10 Fix: This rectifies Win10 low volume. Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar. Select “Speakers” in the menu: In the “Playback” tab right click on “Speakers” > select Properties Select “Enhancements” tab. Tick Equalizer > Setting click on the triple dots button > slide all...
  10. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail: So I bought a new WD Black 6TB disk and I decided to reinstall my windows 10 (using a recovery disk) on the new hard drive. However, I tried to do it and the title error came up. I have tried many fixed including formatting the drive, using diskpart e.t.c. I need urgent help....