Windows 10: May of messed up trying to fix Windows 10

Discus and support May of messed up trying to fix Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10, something happened (believe with the last update) and I couldn't log in due to no I'd or password section on sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bradymicro, Nov 29, 2015.

1. May of messed up trying to fix Windows 10

Hello, I am using Windows 10, something happened (believe with the last update) and I couldn't log in due to no I'd or password section on sign in screen. My computer wouldn't execute recovery, repair, restore or reset via safe mode. I took a chance and put in my old Windows XP disc to try and repair Win10. Now it will not complete the repair and I cannot log into Windows at all. Have I ruined the OS? Is there any solution to my very ignorant decision? Thank you very much in advance *Smile I do not mind going back to the initial install of 7, 8 or 8.1 if that is what it takes. They all have been installed in this PC

:)

bradymicro, Nov 29, 2015

2. DPC watch dog violation

Can someone give us an app or something that will fix this issue. I am tired of trying all the suggestion's AND messing up my computer trying them out. This mess is not our fault. Unless getting windows 10 was our mistake to begin with.

smooreslife, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 messed up my computer, how to fix this?

Yeah I had two options left, system reset or system restore. But then I found this other guy who had the a similar problem and it had to do with his resolution. I thought to my self and tried to plug my TV to my pc because of my monitor's resolution. It
    worked! Kinda sucks for you and your PC :/ hey but at least you showed people not to do this May of messed up trying to fix Windows 10 :D

Carlos-Mart, Nov 29, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

May of messed up trying to fix Windows 10

If W10 was ever activated on that computer all you have to do is to install it clean using an appropriate ISO from MS. Mount it as bootable on a USB and start new installation keeping nothing. During install you'll have opportunity to delete all the partitions on boot disk and windows will create all that is necessary,
    Here: Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums you have detailed instructions how to do clean install.

CountMike, Nov 29, 2015
  5. Thank you for responding. Not sure if Win10 got activated or not. I will try what you suggested. Thank you very much! Will get back to you.

bradymicro, Nov 29, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    If you have registration for any of those other windows you could enter that during installation if it would not activate otherwise. Actually you can do that even in already installed but not activated W10.

CountMike, Nov 29, 2015
  7. Ok thank you I will log into Windows and see if I can find activation key for previous Windows. If I cannot can I use my old XP CODE?

bradymicro, Nov 29, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

XP and Vista are out of question, 7 and 8 only.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. May of messed up trying to fix Windows 10 - Similar Threads - May messed trying

2. Windows 10 is messed up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is messed up.: my Windows 10 is all messed up. I am going through and trying to fix piece by piece. Right now my file explorer is stuck on my taskbar. I am getting an error saying this file has no application associated with it. So, I looked up online how to fix, and I went to the Registry...
  3. Windows 10 is messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is messed up.: my Windows 10 is all messed up. I am going through and trying to fix piece by piece. Right now my file explorer is stuck on my taskbar. I am getting an error saying this file has no application associated with it. So, I looked up online how to fix, and I went to the Registry...
  4. Windows 10 is messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue: Pls fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-messed-up-how-to-fix-this/2af24a34-e0c4-4aaa-a497-2b8ea31d8148
  6. Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue: Look at the Screenshot And pls tell me how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-messed-up-how-to-fix-this/3e4269f5-e7a2-48ec-9d25-2c65631f747c
  7. Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security is messed up How to fix this issue: Look at the Screenshot And pls tell me how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-messed-up-how-to-fix-this/3e4269f5-e7a2-48ec-9d25-2c65631f747c
  8. Messed up daughters PC. Trying to fix it. Please help me out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed up daughters PC. Trying to fix it. Please help me out.: Split from this thread. I messed my son and daughter inlaes pc ans trying to fix it on my own can you please help me out * OS not specified...
  9. Windows 10 is messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is messed up: Well i loaded up Blair Witch on the game pass and now my it looks green and i cant even see all of the screen. Everything is tinted a dark green. HELP!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-messed-up/df4be9a9-3745-41d2-afed-bf37566f7255
  10. Windows 10 messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 messed up: Hi, so I recently installed windows 10 onto a new computer. I load it up and it comes up with something unusual shown below. I installed drivers and restarted the computer and it still shows up like this. Idk how to fix it, please help, i really dont like this color scheme....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to fix emsil and messed up