Windows 10: May Update broke my speakers?

Discus and support May Update broke my speakers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated to the May 2019 windows update, and my built in audio for my laptop has stopped working, along with my audio jack for my regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hiei1020, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Hiei1020 Win User

May Update broke my speakers?

I recently updated to the May 2019 windows update, and my built in audio for my laptop has stopped working, along with my audio jack for my regular speakers. When I plug in a headset via USB, it still works. My speakers were working clearly before the update on the same day.

I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition, Now on the may 2019 Update

I've got a Asus GL753VE Signature Edition.

:)

Hiei1020, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 9, 2019
  4. May Update broke my speakers?

Speakers not working with Windows 10

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you receive any error messages?
    • Have you tried using a different speaker with your device?

Meanwhile, you can check on this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and update us with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

May Update broke my speakers?

1. May Update broke my speakers? - Similar Threads - May Update broke

2. update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers: After updating my windows recently I noticed that the sound stopped working completely. I've tried to uninstall them both, but when I uninstall KB5016616, a new security update is installed immediately after called KB5014699 even though I've paused updates. I've attempted to...
  3. update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers: After updating my windows recently I noticed that the sound stopped working completely. I've tried to uninstall them both, but when I uninstall KB5016616, a new security update is installed immediately after called KB5014699 even though I've paused updates. I've attempted to...
  4. update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update Broke My Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Broke My Speakers: Before update to 20H2 speakers were working perfectly fine. Afterupdate, not so much. Roll back update, speakers work. Update again, not working. Bluetooth earbuds, no problems. ThingsI have checked/tried. Mixer-Setwhere I want it. Volume is on. Settings-Speakersare the...
  6. Windows 10 20h2 update broke my main speakers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20h2 update broke my main speakers.: I have VoiceMeeter for splitting audio and telling it which inputs and outputs I want, so if I'm streaming/recording gameplay and gameplay audio with OBS while talking to someone on Discord who might be watching me play, neither my audio nor theirs is recorded by OBS. I had...
  7. This may just be the first time an update broke my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This may just be the first time an update broke my PC: Ok, the title is a bit misleading. It actually broke my desktop and personalization settings. So I got to install a feature update on my laptop and I honestly thought it was gonna be 2004. But then I checked winver and I realized it was 20H2 (which is a pretty new build). My...
  8. Win10 update broke computer speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 update broke computer speaker: Windows 10 Home The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next...
  9. Win10 update broke computer speaker

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 update broke computer speaker: Windows 10 Home The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next...
  10. May Update Broken Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    May Update Broken Speakers: so i have a set of Cyber Acoustic Speakers and they dont supply drivers as they are fairly Plug n Play friendly ... umm they worked before i updated my computer with the May Update ... now they will not function (and before you get all IT on me ... yes they are plugged in...