Windows 10: May Update Broken Speakers

Discus and support May Update Broken Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so i have a set of Cyber Acoustic Speakers and they dont supply drivers as they are fairly Plug n Play friendly ... umm they worked before i updated my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Corpseranger, Aug 17, 2019.

1. May Update Broken Speakers

so i have a set of Cyber Acoustic Speakers and they dont supply drivers as they are fairly Plug n Play friendly ... umm they worked before i updated my computer with the May Update ... now they will not function (and before you get all IT on me ... yes they are plugged in properly, turned on, and my computer even registers that there is sound ... except i cant hear anything from them) and i did check the windows drivers were up to date ... and even Windows says device is working properly ... i even tried switching the device in between front and back of case ... nothing works any suggestions??

:)

Corpseranger, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Pipps Win User

May Update Broken Speakers

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

May Update Broken Speakers

1. May Update Broken Speakers - Similar Threads - May Update Broken

2. Are my speakers broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are my speakers broken: How do I fix my speakers they are popping and crackle please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-my-speakers-broken/6326b53d-2e5f-4218-81e8-b3293def55fd
  3. Are my speakers broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are my speakers broken: How do I fix my speakers they are popping and crackle please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-my-speakers-broken/6326b53d-2e5f-4218-81e8-b3293def55fd
  4. Windows Update may have broken dual monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update may have broken dual monitor: Hi, I am running Windows 10 . I have two 1080p monitors. Yesterday my PC installed the latest Windows update. However upon restarting my PC later that day my PC only detected my second monitor, not being able to detect my first. After restarting my PC and pressing the Reset...
  5. Windows Update may have broken dual monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update may have broken dual monitor: Hi, I am running Windows 10 . I have two 1080p monitors. Yesterday my PC installed the latest Windows update. However upon restarting my PC later that day my PC only detected my second monitor, not being able to detect my first. After restarting my PC and pressing the Reset...
  6. Windows Update may have broken dual monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headphone Port may be broken

Headphone Port may be broken: Hello, I have gotten onto my PC this morning and plugged in my headphones as usual. The audio is now crackling badly and it's hard to listen to Spotify/ Play games etc without the horrible sound ontop of the audio. My PC is the Alienware Aurora R8 and it only has the one...
  8. Broken Wifi Icon After Update to May 2020 Release

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken Wifi Icon After Update to May 2020 Release: Yesterday I did an update to May 2020 release of Windows 10 or some people called 20H2 update After reboots, the icons of Wifi list became like this: [ATTACH] Please help to solve this! If You need programmer to fix this, I might can help! :D...
  9. May Update broke my speakers?

May Update broke my speakers?: I recently updated to the May 2019 windows update, and my built in audio for my laptop has stopped working, along with my audio jack for my regular speakers. When I plug in a headset via USB, it still works. My speakers were working clearly before the update on the same day....
  10. Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken: I have a custom built PC and recently (today) my ethernet has been connecting for about a second and then disconnecting. If I run the trouble shooter I get the error mentioned in the subject, but if I click see if this problem is fixed right when my ethernet says its...