Windows 10: May W10 Update potential problems ?

Discus and support May W10 Update potential problems ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Lots of Posts around re a May Update to W10 by MS. Seems all sorts of nasty things will happen, especially if you have any external HD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

May W10 Update potential problems ?

Hello,

Lots of Posts around re a May Update to W10 by MS.

Seems all sorts of nasty things will happen, especially if you have any external HD (perhaps for backups)
    installed. Other problems too, apparently.

And, lots of hints for disabling the automatic backup that MS includes with W10.

Strong suggestions that you should (specifically for this May update).

Not too sharp with this "stuff," but sure sounds "scary".

Any of you folks and experts know anything about this ?
    Something to worry about ?

Not too thrilled about disabling the automatic backups, as I like the idea of Windows Defender being
    periodically updated.

Suggestions re ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Apr 24, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 24, 2019
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Potential to update bios based off manufacturer vs supplier

You can only go 1 additional step up... see the list in the above post on supported processors.

That's as future proof as you can get on that motherboard...see 95W max.*Smile May W10 Update potential problems ? :)

Motherboard is about 2 years old and most likely will not get another bios update....so any other processors will not be supported.

There are physical limitations to what any motherboard can support so the 95W max is important. You can't put a 125W CPU in... it won't work.

HP would like you to BUY a NEW system. They are sales oriented and discontinue product almost as soon as it's made.

jsfitz54, Apr 24, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond May W10 Update potential problems ? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. May W10 Update potential problems ? - Similar Threads - May W10 Update

2. Potential security problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential security problem: Hello I have a concern with my windows security since it is not working. I want to do factory reset but it might wipe the license as well. How to make it work or just let windows defender be my security for my PC?...
  3. Potential security problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potential security problem: Hello I have a concern with my windows security since it is not working. I want to do factory reset but it might wipe the license as well. How to make it work or just let windows defender be my security for my PC?...
  4. Potential security problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential security problem: Hello I'm a bit concern with my windows security it is not working. I always check and try to set it up but nothing would work. I'm afraid that if I reset my PC back to factory settings I will lose license of my account. Is there a way to fix it? Or just let windows defender...
  5. Potential security problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential security problem: Hello I'm a bit concern with my windows security it is not working. I always check and try to set it up but nothing would work. I'm afraid that if I reset my PC back to factory settings I will lose license of my account. Is there a way to fix it? Or just let windows defender...
  6. W10 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 update problems: The last W10 update has caused all sorts of problems. Tried to undo the update, get the message "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later". Tried a system restore, that only shows one restore point, the one before the update and resulted in, could not complete....
  7. May Update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    May Update problems: Hi, I have already posted several times under another name but unfortunately, I have been unable to log in or notify anyone. Using regular login and password, but keep getting timed out saying wrong details. Maybe something to do with my original problem which I cannot find...
  8. w10 update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 update problems: Hi. I am trying to update my W10. Many times now, i have downloaded it, and it fails during installation, at about the 35% mark. I get an error code of 0x80070002. I have been through trouble-shooting about 3 times now. Can anyone offer advice on this please?...
  9. W10 May 2019 Update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 May 2019 Update 1903: when will it be released? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-may-2019-update-1903/dbb09df1-383f-494b-8f7a-b604903e795d
  10. May 2018 W10 update, desktop will not boot

in Windows 10 Support
    May 2018 W10 update, desktop will not boot: I'm not certain where this should be posted. Please advise of better place. my desktop is a Gateway, running an I5 processor. 8 g ram 500g HD. no problems until today, after running the latest microsoft update. before update, I did a system restore; but did not make backup...