Windows 10: May2019 Update changed colors on desktop-how change back?

Discus and support May2019 Update changed colors on desktop-how change back? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I upgraded to vers 1903 - and it changed my desktop default Windows photo (i.e. with the shadow of windows on left) to a light blue instead of a dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BJThomas McMillan, Sep 6, 2019.

1. May2019 Update changed colors on desktop-how change back?

I upgraded to vers 1903 - and it changed my desktop default Windows photo (i.e. with the shadow of windows on left) to a light blue instead of a dark blue. It also changed other colors in other features. How do I get the original default back? Thank you.

:)

BJThomas McMillan, Sep 6, 2019

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Sep 6, 2019
  3. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Sep 6, 2019
  4. May2019 Update changed colors on desktop-how change back?

change desktop background color

Patricia Ray

The answer given below did not solve my problem. I followed the steps given and when I returned to my work screen it was still black, there does not seem anyway to save your changes and color selection.

RAYPATRICIA, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

May2019 Update changed colors on desktop-how change back?

1. May2019 Update changed colors on desktop-how change back? - Similar Threads - May2019 Update changed

2. How do I change the desktop colors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the desktop colors?: I have been using the Personalization command on W11 to change some of my colors, especially the desktop color from black to a color I might choose. However after choosing the color I would like to use and clicking to X to go back to the desktop the desktop is still black. I...
  3. Change desktop folder colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change desktop folder colors: Can someone please help me to change the color of the folders on my desktop or anywhere just like you can do on Mac, without downloading an app or third-party stuff?Thank you...
  4. Change desktop folder colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change desktop folder colors: Can someone please help me to change the color of the folders on my desktop or anywhere just like you can do on Mac, without downloading an app or third-party stuff?Thank you...
  5. New update changed taskbar color and I can't change it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update changed taskbar color and I can't change it back?: Title. My taskbar used to be dark blue and now it's a blinding off-white after installing a lengthy update. I went into Settings > Personalization > Colors to fix it, but under the "Show accent color on the following surfaces" heading, the box for "Start, taskbar, and action...
  6. How to change the Desktop Icon font color

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the Desktop Icon font color: The font color of desktop icons doesn't change even after trying every solution found on the Internet. I have tried to make the background-color orange and remove the shadows of the texts. [ATTACH] And even after setting the desktop background to white, the font is still...
  7. back ground color change

back ground color change: how do I change the color of my background from black to white and the text to black. I accidently change bkgd. to black but unable to reverse the change. I have a new laptop which I have not had before. Please be specific thank you Stein *** Email address is removed...
  8. How to change desktop icon font color

How to change desktop icon font color: Hi, I have winaero tweaker, and don't see how to change icon/shortcut font color. Could someone help with tweaker or in the registry editor? I have windows 10 1903. I see "desktop colors - which setting applies to icon font color? thanks...
  9. how to change the color of the Windows 10 desktop

how to change the color of the Windows 10 desktop: How can I change the color of the Windows 10 desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-color-of-the-windows-10-desktop/c68dc316-e1a4-4b73-bf25-02275bc6d761
  10. Change Font Color on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Font Color on Desktop: How do I change the color of the fonts on my desktop icons? 47919

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows 10 desktop backgroulnd changed to a lighter blue after an update