Windows 10: Maybe a Silly Question

Discus and support Maybe a Silly Question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; There is a scheduled Windows build upgrade to Windows 1803 available through Windows updates on May 8, 2018. Downloads are scheduled to be available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by zbook, Apr 5, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

Maybe a Silly Question

There is a scheduled Windows build upgrade to Windows 1803 available through Windows updates on May 8, 2018.
    Downloads are scheduled to be available sometime tomorrow form the Microsoft website:
    Download Windows 10

One option that you have is to perform a Windows 10 upgrade and see if this fixes the problems.
    If the build upgrade fixes the problems you are set.
    If the build upgrade does not fix the problem then you can backup all files to another drive or the cloud, make a backup image and place the image onto another drive or into the cloud and clean install Windows 10 build 1803.

Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Windows 10 Tutorials

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Kashegan Win User

I am experiencing increasing issues with my Windows 10 installation on my laptop, applications not working that worked with windows 10 previously previously, unexpected responses etc, and was considerng backing up my computer. IF I do this , uninstall windows, reformat and repartition the HDD reinstall Windows 10 and then run a Restore, can I be sure that I won't re-install whatever the problem was with the origional install?

:)

Kashegan, Apr 27, 2018
  3. adnan501 Win User
    Other Files Memory

Well I think nobody is there to answer the question Maybe its silly question but still waiting.......

adnan501, Apr 27, 2018
  4. Maybe a Silly Question

E5-00 fails to deblock when used with paired bluetooth carkit

Maybe a silly question, but is the Toyota car kit set as authorised ?

carman58---01, Apr 27, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    HI there. You can't technically uninstall Windows but the only way is a clean format install.

The purpose of a clean install is to start fresh, if you then go and use restore, its no longer clean, it would be better to manually install your drivers and software, then transfer your user files back.

swarfega, Apr 27, 2018
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Doing the restore will restore EVERYTHING to its prevous state, including all the problems.

NavyLCDR, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Maybe a Silly Question

1. Maybe a Silly Question - Similar Threads - Maybe Silly Question

2. Not ashamed to ask a silly question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not ashamed to ask a silly question: I was doing a backup of my files - several of which were skipped. I would like ALL of my files, but then I was presented with a "notepad" enumerating omitted files- I confess that I have NO clue, never had a clue what this "NOTEPAD" is - what is its function and how is it...
  3. silly question about windows memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    silly question about windows memory: The other day my computer told me I was low on memory. I checked C: drive and it was like 100MB free. I rebooted and there were 10GB free. Then I used Firefox for awhile and it was down to 100MB free. I'm not downloading anything. Why does the harddrive disk space get used up...
  4. Probably a silly question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Probably a silly question: So, I actually really like the landscape shots that are used for the login screen, and the bits of information like where the picture was taken. Is there any app, or way have the same thing show on my background after logging in? submitted by /u/KitKurogami93 [link]...
  5. DISM Question - Silly question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Question - Silly question: Hi Since I restored my notebook yesterday I decided to just run the sfc /scannow and the dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth sfc /scannow runs fine and as expected nothing wrong, when running "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth" it just shows the version...
  6. This may sound a silly question

in Windows 10 Support
    This may sound a silly question: Guys When watching interviewers on tv, even in a film, I see people just open their laptop on a train, a beach, in fact anywhere outside, and they connect to the internet, HOW ??? I know that they can connect using cafe wi-fi, and I believe, outside a house/building if...
  7. Silly question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly question: I am used to a MAC - so why when I want to start a new folder, does one pop up inside of the one I am already using? - it causes a lot of confusion and I have lost a few files already - I file photos on a monthly basis and things are in such disorder, it's not funny. I feel...
  8. Silly Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly Question: I do not see how after for example measure a distance, getting back to how you drag the map around on the screen \Thanks for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silly-question/762362be-9da6-4d1c-829c-9ebd51db9887
  9. Silly question I know - but

in Windows 10 Support
    Silly question I know - but: Can anybody get Windows 10 Backup & Restore to work, I mean actually restore an image back to their HDD? 43526
  10. These could be a silly questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    These could be a silly questions: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a couple of spare drives already installed in my desktop. I have had a quick look for the answer to my questions. 1, What is the easiest way to install Windows 10, when it becomes available, onto a spare drive? 2, Is USB more favourable over...