Windows 10: Maybe a Silly Question

Discus and support Maybe a Silly Question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; There is a scheduled Windows build upgrade to Windows 1803 available through Windows updates on May 8, 2018. Downloads are scheduled to be available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by zbook, Apr 5, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

Maybe a Silly Question

There is a scheduled Windows build upgrade to Windows 1803 available through Windows updates on May 8, 2018.
    Downloads are scheduled to be available sometime tomorrow form the Microsoft website:
    Download Windows 10

One option that you have is to perform a Windows 10 upgrade and see if this fixes the problems.
    If the build upgrade fixes the problems you are set.
    If the build upgrade does not fix the problem then you can backup all files to another drive or the cloud, make a backup image and place the image onto another drive or into the cloud and clean install Windows 10 build 1803.

Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Windows 10 Tutorials

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Kashegan Win User

I am experiencing increasing issues with my Windows 10 installation on my laptop, applications not working that worked with windows 10 previously previously, unexpected responses etc, and was considerng backing up my computer. IF I do this , uninstall windows, reformat and repartition the HDD reinstall Windows 10 and then run a Restore, can I be sure that I won't re-install whatever the problem was with the origional install?

:)

Kashegan, Apr 27, 2018
  3. adnan501 Win User
    Other Files Memory

Well I think nobody is there to answer the question Maybe its silly question but still waiting.......

adnan501, Apr 27, 2018
  4. Maybe a Silly Question

E5-00 fails to deblock when used with paired bluetooth carkit

Maybe a silly question, but is the Toyota car kit set as authorised ?

carman58---01, Apr 27, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    HI there. You can't technically uninstall Windows but the only way is a clean format install.

The purpose of a clean install is to start fresh, if you then go and use restore, its no longer clean, it would be better to manually install your drivers and software, then transfer your user files back.

swarfega, Apr 27, 2018
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Doing the restore will restore EVERYTHING to its prevous state, including all the problems.

NavyLCDR, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Maybe a Silly Question

1. Maybe a Silly Question - Similar Threads - Maybe Silly Question

2. Silly Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly Question: I do not see how after for example measure a distance, getting back to how you drag the map around on the screen \Thanks for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silly-question/762362be-9da6-4d1c-829c-9ebd51db9887
  3. Maybe Scammer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Maybe Scammer: I went onto a website from a quizzes site. This website claimed to be an iq test, but when I opened it; I got a verbal message and a screen that looked like it was windows telling me my browser had been locked and to not turn off my computer. I've never had this happen...
  4. I have many questions (well maybe 3)

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have many questions (well maybe 3): First how do I fix my tab because it wont shrink, [ATTACH] Next how do you fix the right click because whenever I accidentally click right click and then I try to make it disappear by clicking left clickit wont disappear Finally I can stretch/split tabs in a way of have 2...
  5. Gmail playing silly ***

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail playing silly ***: Today it has been refusing to accept the password, when I try to access via Thunderbird. Therefore I deleted in Google and reinstalled, but still the password was rejected, so I created a new word, and successfully opened in browser. When, however, I configure in...
  6. Silly question I know - but

in Windows 10 Support
    Silly question I know - but: Can anybody get Windows 10 Backup & Restore to work, I mean actually restore an image back to their HDD? 43526
  7. This might be silly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This might be silly: Ok so I'm trying to make some modifications to windows, it requires me to reinstall windows completely about 10 times a day or so. I"M SICK OF IT... I really want to have my install media on an SSD, in a second partition. Is this possible(Please don't say "well don't modify...
  8. These could be a silly questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    These could be a silly questions: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a couple of spare drives already installed in my desktop. I have had a quick look for the answer to my questions. 1, What is the easiest way to install Windows 10, when it becomes available, onto a spare drive? 2, Is USB more favourable over...
  9. Maybe a Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Maybe a Dumb Question.: But I will ask it anyway. If I update my Win 7 Pro to Windows 10 now, will I still be able to Dual Boot the upgraded Windows 10 with The TP? 8504
  10. Silly Question(s) re: Control Panel & Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Silly Question(s) re: Control Panel & Settings: I have Control.exe (Control Panel) pinned to the taskbar, mainly because I often want to get to Network & Sharing, Administrative Tools, Programs & Features,&c. without going through slow-loading pages of Modern Settings first. Cut out the middleman as it were. If I need...