Windows 10: Maybe I'm stupid, but I just noticed that Volume Mixer saves the mutes and max volume...

Discus and support Maybe I'm stupid, but I just noticed that Volume Mixer saves the mutes and max volume... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed this just now b/c I rarely listen to work meetings via my speaker system. Normally I use my headset. When I opted to change my volume output... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chefboryahomeboy, May 17, 2022.

1. Maybe I'm stupid, but I just noticed that Volume Mixer saves the mutes and max volume...

I noticed this just now b/c I rarely listen to work meetings via my speaker system. Normally I use my headset. When I opted to change my volume output to my speaker system, I noticed apps I always have muted can now play sound. And apps that I kept at a very low max level, were set to default at high. Pretty dope small feature if you ask me.

submitted by /u/chefboryahomeboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chefboryahomeboy, May 17, 2022

2. How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, May 17, 2022
  3. Tendows Win User
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, May 17, 2022
  4. Tjeros Win User

Maybe I'm stupid, but I just noticed that Volume Mixer saves the mutes and max volume...

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

I do not have an audio problem in the context of "Audio is not playing". The problem is in the fact that Volume Mixer will not show a muted app. This issue has been around since Windows 7.

If you mute an application, it will not show up in Volume Mixer next time you start it. Is there any way I could find the settings for muted applications and change those to 'unmuted'?

Tjeros, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Maybe I'm stupid, but I just noticed that Volume Mixer saves the mutes and max volume...

1. Maybe I'm stupid, but I just noticed that Volume Mixer saves the mutes and max volume... - Similar Threads - Maybe I'm stupid

2. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  3. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  4. My changes to the volume in the volume mixer doesn't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My changes to the volume in the volume mixer doesn't save: Yeah, whenever i change the volume for a program in the volume mixer, for some reason it doesn't save. I got windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-changes-to-the-volume-in-the-volume-mixer/f0f483f9-6a8c-41a7-b8da-493d96cc30f2
  5. My changes to the volume in the volume mixer doesn't save

in Windows 10 Customization
    My changes to the volume in the volume mixer doesn't save: Yeah, whenever i change the volume for a program in the volume mixer, for some reason it doesn't save. I got windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-changes-to-the-volume-in-the-volume-mixer/f0f483f9-6a8c-41a7-b8da-493d96cc30f2
  6. Only 2 volumes on reltek(R). Max and mute. The bar moves but just stays at max. E.g. volume...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only 2 volumes on reltek(R). Max and mute. The bar moves but just stays at max. E.g. volume...: I have headphones plugged with aux and getting this issue. Why is it so loud on all audio levels? 2, 50, 100. All the same. Only one that's different is 0 which actually mutes it. submitted by /u/RomaRepublica [link] [comments]...
  7. Volume either maxed or muted

Volume either maxed or muted: So I recently bought a new PC and when it's hooked up to my TV (via HDMI), when I adjust the volume even just by 2 the sound goes to max. What I'm trying to say is I can either have the sound off, or on 100% as the volume changing does nothing, it's either muted or maxed out....
  8. Volume Mixer Mutes Everything I Open

Volume Mixer Mutes Everything I Open: I don't exactly know when this started happening, or how it happens, but whenever I open anything, it is automatically muted in Volume Mixer. I have to manually open it and adjust the volume slider so that it is not muted. Any ideas as to why this is happening/fixes?...
  9. Volume Mixer settings not saving

Volume Mixer settings not saving: I've noticed recently after bumping my volume up to 100% while reducing applications in an attempt for clearer audio that CSGO doesn't retain it's volume setting in the mixer after a reboot. Is there a way to accomplish this? I've heard Ear Trumpet can do this but so far...
  10. Volume Mixer not showing muted app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app: Hello! On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead. So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot...