Windows 10: Maybe Scammer

Discus and support Maybe Scammer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I went onto a website from a quizzes site. This website claimed to be an iq test, but when I opened it; I got a verbal message and a screen that looked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SaskiaKE, Jun 25, 2019.

1. SaskiaKE Win User

Maybe Scammer

I went onto a website from a quizzes site. This website claimed to be an iq test, but when I opened it; I got a verbal message and a screen that looked like it was windows telling me my browser had been locked and to not turn off my computer. I've never had this happen before, I think it might be a scam, but I don't know if windows can actually do this. I don't want to turn off my computer, and there appears to be some malware that I can't uninstall because of parental blocking because my dad is the admin, help.

:)

SaskiaKE, Jun 25, 2019

2. Scammers

they are indian callers i suggest downloading an app called Truecaller on your Cellphone if they are calling you there this Truecaller app will identify these phone numbers as Scammers

andrewbradimore, Jun 25, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Maybe Scammer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Maybe Scammer

Scammers

May I offer you a suggestion: If you have any emails from the "scammer" gather them and make sure your credit card company knows about them. I was luckily able to recoup my payment. Good Luck.

Care Valkanas, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Maybe Scammer

1. Maybe Scammer - Similar Threads - Maybe Scammer

2. [SOLVED] Constant blue screens, when i try to update to windows 11 to maybe fix it it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [SOLVED] Constant blue screens, when i try to update to windows 11 to maybe fix it it...: Things i have tried: updating, it always fails with the 0x8007000d or the 0xca00a008 error code when trying to update to windows 11 and reverts the updatereinstalling windows via the media creation tool, it fails with the 0x8007025D and the 0x2000C error code saying "The...
  3. Constant blue screens, when i try to update to windows 11 to maybe fix it it always fails...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant blue screens, when i try to update to windows 11 to maybe fix it it always fails...: Things i have tried: updating, it always fails with the 0x8007000d or the 0xca00a008 error code when trying to update to windows 11 and reverts the updatereinstalling windows via the media creation tool, it fails with the 0x8007025D and the 0x2000C error code saying "The...
  4. Constant blue screens, when i try to update to windows 11 to maybe fix it it always fails...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant blue screens, when i try to update to windows 11 to maybe fix it it always fails...: Things i have tried: updating, it always fails with the 0x8007000d or the 0xca00a008 error code when trying to update to windows 11 and reverts the updatereinstalling windows via the media creation tool, it fails with the 0x8007025D and the 0x2000C error code saying "The...
  5. Constant blue screens, when i try to update to windows 11 to maybe fix it it always fails...

6. Multiple Windows 11 Issues Maybe related to 23H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Windows 11 Issues Maybe related to 23H2 update: Issues Started when I was unable to print. Then on further inspection I found that I cannot open some system screens and others open but will not close. Some processes do not run, and others run but won't close. Task manager opens & will not refresh or close. All printers...
  7. Multiple Windows 11 Issues Maybe related to 23H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Windows 11 Issues Maybe related to 23H2 update: Issues Started when I was unable to print. Then on further inspection I found that I cannot open some system screens and others open but will not close. Some processes do not run, and others run but won't close. Task manager opens & will not refresh or close. All printers...
  8. Why am I having to watch 10 to 12 maybe more ads between games of solitaire?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having to watch 10 to 12 maybe more ads between games of solitaire?: Why am I having to watch 10 to 12 maybe more ads between games of solitaire? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-to-watch-10-to-12-maybe-more-ads/3398ff1e-6726-4167-b9aa-53b002e4b0ec
  9. Why am I having to watch 10 to 12 maybe more ads between games of solitaire?

Why am I having to watch 10 to 12 maybe more ads between games of solitaire?: Why am I having to watch 10 to 12 maybe more ads between games of solitaire? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-to-watch-10-to-12-maybe-more-ads/3398ff1e-6726-4167-b9aa-53b002e4b0ec
  10. Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router?: I got scammed. I’ve ran the 2 malware software programs as well as a full mcafee scan and both came up negative. However there is a program icon that’s still on my desktop and when the program is searched for by name in the search box it pops up. How do I get rid of this...