Windows 10: Maybe Virus

Discus and support Maybe Virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Received a notice from my virus protection to delete a program or file named"verifications.io", I can not find the file. Did a computer search. Any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JosephDroege1, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Maybe Virus

Received a notice from my virus protection to delete a program or file named"verifications.io", I can not find the file. Did a computer search. Any idea how to find this file or program?

:)

JosephDroege1, Jul 1, 2019

2. monitor resolution maybe caused by virus?

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with the monitor resolution not working properly on the system and there is a possible threat of virus.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility, that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt display drivers on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

To remove virus from the system, I would suggest you to refer to the article give below and check if that helps.

How do I find and remove a virus?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-find-remove-virus

Run a full computer scan with the Microsoft Safety Scanner to make sure that the computer is virus free.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

You may also refer to the following website below to download the drivers for the Graphics card.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jul 1, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Maybe Virus :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 1, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Maybe Virus

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Maybe Virus :cool:

jmcslob, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Maybe Virus

1. Maybe Virus - Similar Threads - Maybe Virus

2. File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...: I bought a licensed game on Steam "Steep" from Ubisoft, downloaded it, installed it, launched it, and there was the error "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won’t work anymore" I tried a lot, I’m ready...
  3. File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...: I bought a licensed game on Steam "Steep" from Ubisoft, downloaded it, installed it, launched it, and there was the error "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won’t work anymore" I tried a lot, I’m ready...
  4. File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore: HiYesterday me and my friend bought a copy of rainbow6 frm shop so then we tried to launch exe it says file is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore. But we tested on his laptop it works fine without a error. So realised it is my...
  6. File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore

File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore: HiYesterday me and my friend bought a copy of rainbow6 frm shop so then we tried to launch exe it says file is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore. But we tested on his laptop it works fine without a error. So realised it is my...
  7. File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore: Hi Yesterday me and my friend bought a copy of assassins creed Syndicate frm shop so then we tried to launch exe it says file is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore. But we tested on his laptop it works fine without a error. So...
  8. File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore: Hi Yesterday me and my friend bought a copy of assassins creed Syndicate frm shop so then we tried to launch exe it says file is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore. But we tested on his laptop it works fine without a error. So...
  9. File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore

10. Unable to delete a desktop shortcut, maybe a virus?

Unable to delete a desktop shortcut, maybe a virus?: I have a desktop shortcut that magically showed up on my desktop. I can't delete it or rename it. At first it was showing Java script URL. Nothing happens when i try to delete it. Also says that i am of this file and i can add permissions to access it. It says "Set Delivery...