Windows 10: MBAM 3.0 - Is it an AV now?

Discus and support MBAM 3.0 - Is it an AV now? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was setting up someone's laptop and installed Malwarebytes. It was near the end and I was going fast and didn't even notice that it was a new version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TV2, Mar 21, 2017.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

MBAM 3.0 - Is it an AV now?

I was setting up someone's laptop and installed Malwarebytes. It was near the end and I was going fast and didn't even notice that it was a new version 3.0. So when it started I was going WTH is this?!

I had inadvertently installed MBAM as the trial version of the Premium software (there is a check box to avoid this and just load the Free Edition). So I looked around a bit.

It seems like MBAM Premium wants to be a full fledged AntiVirus sentinel program, providing real time protection.

My Question is: If this is so, can you run MBAM Premium at the same time as another full time AV? (I was always told to never run 2 AV at once).
    I'm wondering if it is an either/or (run either MBAM Premium or Avast, etc) situation now - if you wanted to upgrade to premium.

:)

2. CrazyKats Win User

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

I've already created a new UA and it made no difference to this. I've scanned with Norton, MBAM, SUPERAntiSpyware and (I think ESSET?). They found no problems but I'll try Microsoft Security Scanner.

Have you tried to solve the Start Menu issue by uninstalling some of your AntiVirus programs?

Norton is AV, MBAM is AV, ESET is an AV I think and Windows Defender is AV.

Where Defender and MBAM play nice together, 4 AV programs is way over the top

and may be what is causing you issues.

CrazyKats, Mar 21, 2017
  3. How do I turn Windows Defender OFF in Windows 10?

Did you just install or upgrade to MBAM 3.0?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 21, 2017
  4. MBAM 3.0 - Is it an AV now?

My own experience, it disabled Norton's real time protection however on another device running Windows 7 it conflicted with Eset Internet security.

Where it disabled Norton (real time) I let it run its course and the free version shut off MBAM real time, at which point my Norton took over. I kept and run as second set of eyes but I run "On demand".

With Eset I actually had to uninstall. Having had some issues my client wanted it off so no real testing / tweaking performed.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 21, 2017
  5. prikker Win User
    They say it is. I use it as standalone. Lifetime license.

prikker, Mar 21, 2017
  6. pbcopter Win User
    Malwarebytes states it takes the place of traditional AntiVirus programs but it can run in parallel with traditional antivirus programs with no ill effect.

I have Malwarebytes 3.0.6 running along side ESET Mod32 v10 antivirus with no problems.

pbcopter, Mar 21, 2017
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    I have version 3.0.6 running with Norton Security on Win7 with no apparent issues.

SoFine409, Mar 21, 2017
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

I have always run MBAM Free on an as needed basis (manual start), and will do so with the 3.0 version now that I've knocked it back down to the Free version too.

I don't need multiple programs running at the same time: Avast, MBAM, and even CCLeaner wants to get into the act too.
    A recipe for problems.

9. I still use v1.75 with a lifetime license, and Webroot Secure Anywhere. Small footprint, works well.

python134r, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MBAM 3.0 - Is it an AV now? - Similar Threads - MBAM

2. System accounts logging to MBAM server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System accounts logging to MBAM server: Hi, we have a MBAM server, and some clients connecting to it, with the following Events ID :- 4624 successful login- 4625 membership info- 4627 log offBut there is something strange : Some PCs in our LAN are connecting like 100 times a hour with the system-account PC-NAME$,...
  3. System accounts logging to MBAM server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System accounts logging to MBAM server: Hi, we have a MBAM server, and some clients connecting to it, with the following Events ID :- 4624 successful login- 4625 membership info- 4627 log offBut there is something strange : Some PCs in our LAN are connecting like 100 times a hour with the system-account PC-NAME$,...
  4. System accounts logging to MBAM server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Defender and MBAM no longer work simultaneously

Microsoft Defender and MBAM no longer work simultaneously: . For about 5 years, Microsoft Defender (MSD) and MalwareBytes (MBAM) have co-existed without problems. These are my only two protections. Both are "always on". Both could be used for individual files and folders, using right-click in File Explorer. Today, right-click on an...
  6. Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility: Hi all quick question. I just got the trial of Thor foresight with AV turned off, to add to the security arsenal of avast free and mbam pro, and nordVPN. Even though the web shields of avast and mbam pro have worked fine together for ages with no web-shield-based exclusions,...
  7. MBAM shows wrong OS

MBAM shows wrong OS: Don't know how long this has been happening or if I should ask at the MBAM forum but reading the scan report from this morning shows clean but OS as Windows 8. I'm on Windows 10 20H2. Has anyone seen this before ? 168464
  8. Is there a portable version of MBAM?

Is there a portable version of MBAM?: I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I install. 163854
  9. Is there a portable or at least unbloated version of MBAM?

Is there a portable or at least unbloated version of MBAM?: I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I install. 163854
  10. MBAM free trial and Defender

MBAM free trial and Defender: I think when the trial ends I should uninstall MBAM if I don't want to pay so Defender will work well. Is there a free alternative to MBAM free if this is the case? 158485