Windows 10: MBAM and Defender

Discus and support MBAM and Defender in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I noticed MBAM has infiltrated Defender. I did the following and hope it is correct. Open MBAM>settings>application>scroll to Action center where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maranna, Jul 7, 2019.

1. maranna Win User

MBAM and Defender

I noticed MBAM has infiltrated Defender. I did the following and hope it is correct.
    Open MBAM>settings>application>scroll to Action center where there are 3 choices and chose the middle one - never register MBAM in Window Action Center.

:)

maranna, Jul 7, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Defender & MBAM Coexsistence

Odd error on Insider (any build) with Defender and MBAM running at same time. MBAM is 3.0.6.1469. With Defender periodic scanning enabled, and all 4 MBAM protections enabled, I can't update definitions. WU won't find them either.

I get this error, and the code leads to practically nowhere. I do see MpCmdRun.exe fire up for just a second before the error is posted. It's trying to update, but can't. I have Defender and MpCmdRun.exe and all I could find related set as exclusions in MBAM. Also, the Defender setting of Periodic will not stick on a reboot. Used to be a setting somewhere to register/unregister Virus Protection, but I can't find it now. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting how Defender and MBAM should live with each other. I thought it would be MBAM as Real Time Protection and Defender as periodic and on demand scanning. Apparently not.

Is this the new normal until MS and MB sign a peace treaty? I'm not sure at all which side is being cranky.

Any thoughts and/or fixes? Thanks, TC.....

MBAM and Defender [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

LOL.
    No problem.
    I thought it was a case of deja vu.

Yes, please follow ALL of the steps for a CLEAN REINSTALL and please be sure to reboot again after the reinstall.

Then:
    To minimize confusion, I suggest that we continue over at SF.com here, please.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Time Lady Win User

MBAM and Defender

If I install Mbam *** Windows Premium (Malwarebytes), will it interfere with Defender? Win 10

Since MBAM is now sold as an anti virus replacement/program it might interfere with WD & it certainly requires a change of a setting within MBAM to not allow it to register in security centre so that it doesn’t disable it. The Pro version of MBAM especially
    so.

Read about this here: Malwarebytes 3.0.5 and Windows Defender.

Time Lady, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

MBAM and Defender

1. MBAM and Defender - Similar Threads - MBAM Defender

2. System accounts logging to MBAM server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System accounts logging to MBAM server: Hi, we have a MBAM server, and some clients connecting to it, with the following Events ID :- 4624 successful login- 4625 membership info- 4627 log offBut there is something strange : Some PCs in our LAN are connecting like 100 times a hour with the system-account PC-NAME$,...
  3. System accounts logging to MBAM server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System accounts logging to MBAM server: Hi, we have a MBAM server, and some clients connecting to it, with the following Events ID :- 4624 successful login- 4625 membership info- 4627 log offBut there is something strange : Some PCs in our LAN are connecting like 100 times a hour with the system-account PC-NAME$,...
  4. System accounts logging to MBAM server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Defender and MBAM no longer work simultaneously

Microsoft Defender and MBAM no longer work simultaneously: . For about 5 years, Microsoft Defender (MSD) and MalwareBytes (MBAM) have co-existed without problems. These are my only two protections. Both are "always on". Both could be used for individual files and folders, using right-click in File Explorer. Today, right-click on an...
  6. Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility: Hi all quick question. I just got the trial of Thor foresight with AV turned off, to add to the security arsenal of avast free and mbam pro, and nordVPN. Even though the web shields of avast and mbam pro have worked fine together for ages with no web-shield-based exclusions,...
  7. MBAM free trial and Defender

MBAM free trial and Defender: I think when the trial ends I should uninstall MBAM if I don't want to pay so Defender will work well. Is there a free alternative to MBAM free if this is the case? 158485
  8. MBAM free trial and Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBAM free trial and Defender: I think when the trial ends I should uninstall MBAM if I don't want to pay so Defender will work well. Is there a free alternative to MBAM free if this is the case? 158485
  9. I noticed MBAM has infiltrated Defender

I noticed MBAM has infiltrated Defender: I noticed MBAM has infiltrated Defender. I did the following and hope it is correct. Open MBAM>settings>application>scroll to Action center where there are 3 choices and chose the middle one - never register MBAM in Window Action Center. 136138
  10. Defender & MBAM Coexsistence

Defender & MBAM Coexsistence: Odd error on Insider (any build) with Defender and MBAM running at same time. MBAM is 3.0.6.1469. With Defender periodic scanning enabled, and all 4 MBAM protections enabled, I can't update definitions. WU won't find them either. I get this error, and the code leads to...