Windows 10: MBAM shows wrong OS

Discus and support MBAM shows wrong OS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Don't know how long this has been happening or if I should ask at the MBAM forum but reading the scan report from this morning shows clean but OS as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OldGuyFromCdn, Nov 15, 2020.

1. MBAM shows wrong OS

Don't know how long this has been happening or if I should ask at the MBAM forum but reading the scan report from this morning shows clean but OS as Windows 8. I'm on Windows 10 20H2. Has anyone seen this before ?

:)

OldGuyFromCdn, Nov 15, 2020

2. Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?

If you upgraded to Win10 with MBAM installed, it's very possible that the OS upgrade messed up something with MBAM.
    (It was/is M$ "best practices" to temporarily uninstall your AV, AM and other security programs before upgrading to Win10, to minimize the chance of such corruption.)

Either way, for starters, I suggest a proper, clean MBAM reinstall.
    I suggest carefully following ALL of the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.
    Pointers:
    • Please be sure you have your license info handy before you start
    • Please be sure to deactivate your account before you uninstall (dashboard > "my account" > "deactivate")
    • Please be sure to reboot when prompted by the removal tool
    • It's a good idea to reboot again after the reinstall

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

LOL.
    No problem.
    I thought it was a case of deja vu.

Yes, please follow ALL of the steps for a CLEAN REINSTALL and please be sure to reboot again after the reinstall.

Then:
    To minimize confusion, I suggest that we continue over at SF.com here, please.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 15, 2020
  4. MBAM shows wrong OS

*RESOLUTION FOUND*Malwarebytes crashing on Win10 insider Bld. Rootkit related errors?

Ill try tomorrow am.
    Aside from OS reinstall, your suggestion is one of the only steps I haven't taken yet.

Im gonna get some sleep and come at this with a fresh head tomorrow

Thanks everyone

jboydgolfer, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

MBAM shows wrong OS

1. MBAM shows wrong OS - Similar Threads - MBAM shows wrong

2. Is there a portable version of MBAM?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a portable version of MBAM?: I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I install. 163854
  3. MBAM and Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MBAM and Defender: I noticed MBAM has infiltrated Defender. I did the following and hope it is correct. Open MBAM>settings>application>scroll to Action center where there are 3 choices and chose the middle one - never register MBAM in Window Action Center. 136138
  4. What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version)

What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version): For the last three or four weeks this has been randomly happening.: [img] [img] Almost daily, and sometimes not for three days. Sometimes multiple times a day. MBAM makes no notice of it and continues to function. I've tried everything I know. Today I've disabled Self...
  5. MBAM & system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBAM & system restore: Because I have free MBAM I do not have access to the forum so cannot post there. I have windows 1803 and it cannot run system restore with MBAM. There is nothing I can disable that will allow it to run especially as I have the free version. I tried disabling all I coud but...
  6. Defender & MBAM Coexsistence

Defender & MBAM Coexsistence: Odd error on Insider (any build) with Defender and MBAM running at same time. MBAM is 3.0.6.1469. With Defender periodic scanning enabled, and all 4 MBAM protections enabled, I can't update definitions. WU won't find them either. I get this error, and the code leads to...
  7. Alternative for MBAM?

Alternative for MBAM?: So I've been running MBAM Free for quite some time, but lately I had a lot of issues on the Insider Preview builds. MBAM kept giving BSOD when trying to scan. And the new MBAV 3.0 gave me BSOD when using uTorrent. Is there any piece of software you'd recommend as a...
  8. Mbam showing "unable to access update server"

Mbam showing "unable to access update server": I have been getting this message on and off for weeks , don't understand it . Any ideas Thanks 22200
  9. Mbam Free

Mbam Free: New Version MBAM Free released.....Version 3.3.1.2183 100897
  10. Mbam...free or premium?

Mbam...free or premium?: I have Malwarebytes Premium v. on my laptop for which I pay $25 per year. I just got a new Lenovo desktop w/the i5, 8G ram and 1T hard drive and wish to protect my new PC with their great product. My question: Is the paid version worth paying for? I had the free v. on my old...