Windows 10: MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on

Discus and support MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I recently go a new SSD and reinstalled windows 10 and it works as normal but when I restart my computer I get mbr 1 error. The way that I fix it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kevin de silva, Nov 26, 2022.

1. MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on

So I recently go a new SSD and reinstalled windows 10 and it works as normal but when I restart my computer I get mbr 1 error. The way that I fix it is I press esc when it boot up and I select my SSD as my boot device and it boots normally. I changed my boot device in my BIOS to my SSD but it still happens and this only happens when I restart. When I shutdown and turn it on again it doesn't happen. Is there a fix?

:)

kevin de silva, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Sirron Win User

Windows 10 started not powering off on shutdown or restarting

One of my laptops, the HP Elitebook 8460P with Windows 10 Creators Update, latest drivers and updates, started not power off on shutdown. It doesn't matter if I do a regular shutdown, Shift Shutdown, Restart, Safe Mode, "shutdown /s /t 0", it just goes through the steps and says shutting down services, then shutting down or restarting depending on which one I pick and does the bubbles in a circle and the mouse cursor still works and that's it. I have to hold down the power button to force it to turn off. Nothing shows up in the Event Viewer, I tried SFC & DISM /Restorehealth, chkdsk, and they all come up clean. I tried disabling Fast Boot and hibernation, and unplugging it and removing the battery and holding down the power button. There are no other devices connected to this laptop and it is the same hardware that it has had for over two years. I tried to rollback and then disabling the Intel Management Engine that I saw some people suggested, but there is no difference. There are no blue screens, no errors, nothing logged in Event Viewer, all hardware passes diagnostics, and everything else works just fine and it boots up quickly.

Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

Sirron, Nov 26, 2022
  3. techbuzz Win User
    MBR keeps corrupting after restart

I have a machine that when restarted or allowed to go into hibernation, I receive a missing/corrupted master boot record message and Windows doesn't boot. I am able to successfully repair the MBR each time using Windows recovery console, but I'm unable to determine what keeps making it happen.

Dell Latitude E6420
    Windows 7 64bit

Steps performed so far: -besides fixing the MBR after each restart or hibernation
    -ran system file checker sfc /scannow
    -ran chkdsk
    -verified that ACHI was enabled in the bios

If I can't figure this out I will end up just reinstalling the operating system, but I worried that the issue with just reoccur later down the line. Any advice/recommendations would be much appreciated.

techbuzz, Nov 26, 2022
  4. MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on

Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What happens when you press Shutdown/restart (power) button?
    If notebook is in off condition, I suggest you to connect your notebook with power cable and allow it to charge and then try to press the power button and check if issue is solved.

If you’re notebook is in ON condition, I suggest you to set “Choose what the power button do” to Shutdown and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Under all Control Panel items select Power Option.
    • Click or tab on Choose what the Power button does
      in left panel
    • Select Shutdown under “When I press power button” and click on
      Save Changes.
    Check if this resolves the issue.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on

1. MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on - Similar Threads - MBR Error restart

2. MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on: So I recently go a new SSD and reinstalled windows 10 and it works as normal but when I restart my computer I get mbr 1 error. The way that I fix it is I press esc when it boot up and I select my SSD as my boot device and it boots normally. I changed my boot device in my BIOS...
  3. MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on: So I recently go a new SSD and reinstalled windows 10 and it works as normal but when I restart my computer I get mbr 1 error. The way that I fix it is I press esc when it boot up and I select my SSD as my boot device and it boots normally. I changed my boot device in my BIOS...
  4. PC will not power off when I select Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not power off when I select Shutdown: I recently installed the latest round of updates to Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Optiplex 7040 desktop as shown below.Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2Installed on ‎9/‎14/‎2020OS build 19044.1645Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  5. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: hello last summer it happened the 1st time. when I want to shutdown my laptop with Windows 10 all updates done regularly, it restarts. over and over. it drives me crazy.I searched on google and tried all the solutions, it worked for 1-2 months, after that, it starts again. so...
  6. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: hello last summer it happened the 1st time. when I want to shutdown my laptop with Windows 10 all updates done regularly, it restarts. over and over. it drives me crazy.I searched on google and tried all the solutions, it worked for 1-2 months, after that, it starts again. so...
  7. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC restarts when I shutdown: I have an issue on my laptop that when I shutting down my laptop It restart by itself. It starts shutdown very normally then opens again so I cannot close my laptop except when I only holding the power button until it force shutdown....
  9. BSOD when I power on (not when I restart) my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when I power on (not when I restart) my PC: When I power on my pc, I can use it for approximately 30 minutes, and later it shows a BSOD with CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. I found a way to avoid this BSOD, simply restarting my PC from the lockscreen without logging in. I have contacted Microsoft Support, and they said...
  10. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: OS: Windows 10 1709 CPU: Ryzen 2700x, stock MB: ASUS ROG B350-I, with most recent BIOS The issue is that when I click "Shutdown", my computer restarts instead of shutting down. I have tried disabling "fast startup", and "automatic restart" upon system failure, updated all...