Windows 10: MBR error 2

Discus and support MBR error 2 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I poweron my computer this afternoon and for first time i see mbr error 2 for just a moment and after the system start normally. I have windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hispanico, Sep 15, 2018.

1. hispanico Win User

MBR error 2

I poweron my computer this afternoon and for first time i see

mbr error 2

for just a moment and after the system start normally.
    I have windows 10 64bit

I read a lot regarding this but I'm afraid of making mistakes to fix the problem

Thank for your suggestions

Hispa

:)

hispanico, Sep 15, 2018

2. clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Smittychat., Sep 15, 2018
  4. MBR error 2

Smittychat., Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

MBR error 2

1. MBR error 2 - Similar Threads - MBR error

2. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...: Hello friends, I have a problem that I could not solve.I encountered this problem while changing Windows. I saw solutions that clean the disk, but I have important information on the disk.I have a disk, which contains several partitions. And I already deleted partition 3...
  3. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...: Hello friends, I have a problem that I could not solve.I encountered this problem while changing Windows. I saw solutions that clean the disk, but I have important information on the disk.I have a disk, which contains several partitions. And I already deleted partition 3...
  4. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. gpt to mbr error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpt to mbr error: hi i have only one ssd and i recently convert my ssd from gpt to mbr when I connect my bootable mbr USB to the computer it's not recognizable by the bios also my ssd it's not recognizable too can any one help me...
  6. gpt to mbr error

gpt to mbr error: hi i have only one ssd and i recently convert my ssd from gpt to mbr when I connect my bootable mbr USB to the computer it's not recognizable by the bios also my ssd it's not recognizable too can any one help me...
  7. Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...: I have Dell Inspiron 260. This uses MBR disk and not GPTWindows 10 Pro. Was working on this PC for a long time - more than an yr.on 12/30/22, I tried using a new graphics card GS8400 1GB, installed it and tried to start, and in few minutes system started BSODing.dont know if...
  8. Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...

Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...: I have Dell Inspiron 260. This uses MBR disk and not GPTWindows 10 Pro. Was working on this PC for a long time - more than an yr.on 12/30/22, I tried using a new graphics card GS8400 1GB, installed it and tried to start, and in few minutes system started BSODing.dont know if...
  9. Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...

10. MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on

MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on: So I recently go a new SSD and reinstalled windows 10 and it works as normal but when I restart my computer I get mbr 1 error. The way that I fix it is I press esc when it boot up and I select my SSD as my boot device and it boots normally. I changed my boot device in my BIOS...