Windows 10: MBR Error after Bios update lead to windows repair / install ptoblems

Discus and support MBR Error after Bios update lead to windows repair / install ptoblems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know if this should be called troubleshooting or installation problem, but here is the story: This morning, I had a Win 10 (pro, I believe)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheIronEddie, Jul 16, 2021.

1. MBR Error after Bios update lead to windows repair / install ptoblems

Hi, I don't know if this should be called troubleshooting or installation problem, but here is the story: This morning, I had a Win 10 (pro, I believe) that was fully up to date and working well. Expecting a new cpu soon, I updated my bios using Gigabyte's @BIOS software (from F3 to F34, on an aorus pro wifi, if it matters). The operation was marked as successful, it restarted my pc and I got an immediate MBR error 1. I checked the bios, it's marked as the newer version, F34, seems to work well, and my boot disk order seemed fine. A few times, I skipped the MBR error message and got to windows repair, which failed and gave me a screen giving me the option to send a report, but that screen was frozen. On a different pc, I used Windows media Creation Tool to make a repair/install bootable usb drive, booted my problem pc from there. On the troubleshoot side: Startup repair fails. Uninstall updates doensn't uninstall anything, says it failed and that I should reset this pc A site recommended using command prompts: bootrec /ScanOs finds one windows in drive f (my usb drive?) bootrec /FixMbr says it worked bootrec /FixBoot says it failed (unauthorized) bootrec /RebuildBcd fails (not found after I say Y to the prompt) Oh and after that, the usb drive no longer works on reboot I guess that my bootrec commands only worked on the usb drive and that no installation of Windows is found in my drives. So I rebuilt the usb drive, went on to the install windows option. Upgrade option doesn't work, so it's Custom, then. I have 3 drives. One has only one partition, drive 0, and I'm pretty certain it should be my windows drive. An M.2 that holds one TB. it's a system partition with 931.5GB total space, 558 GB free space. But I can't even install windows on it because it says "disc has a MBR partition table. On EFI, Windows can only install on GPT discs." But just this morning it had a Windows on it, so I'm at a loss. All other partitions of all other drives have that except my HDD's partition 2, which definitely didn't ever have windows on it and is not where I want it. I'm hoping someone has seen clues in this saga that point to understanding what happened and how to fix it, but if you're as confused as I am but at least can help me get a clean install of Windows on the right drive, I'll take that, Thanks in advance.

:)

TheIronEddie, Jul 16, 2021
  2. erixx Win User

Does Windows Update Take 10GB?

Richtclick con "My PC" (Or "My desktop" and "Properties", it tells you if your system has SP1.

1) In your case, I would just reinstall al new (not update or repair), no need to killdisk.

2) Make sure your system is perfectly healthy (Device manager), if needed, install mobo, chipset and SDD drives.

3) Run Winupdate, it will install updates step by step, not 200 at once.

4) Check each step before proceding to next step. Read WinUpdate error messages early (also in Event viewer/System filter by error and warning).

erixx, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Repairing Windows XP can Break Windows Update

Microsoft/Windows Update Program Manager Nate Clinton has revealed that repairing a Windows XP installation using the Windows XP CD can potentially lead to users being unable to install updates when using the latest version of Windows Update. The problem, which does not appear to be widespread, occurs because the Windows XP CD replaces all system files, including those of Windows Update. Because the latest version of Windows Update uses a file which is not present on the Windows XP CD this causes a registry mismatch which can result in Windows Updates failing. So if you have recently run a repair install on Windows XP it is recommended that you either take a look at KB article 943144, check here for a workaround or contact Microsoft.

Source: Windows Vista Team Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jul 16, 2021
  4. MBR Error after Bios update lead to windows repair / install ptoblems

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

MBR Error after Bios update lead to windows repair / install ptoblems

1. MBR Error after Bios update lead to windows repair / install ptoblems - Similar Threads - MBR Error Bios

2. Error 0xc000000e after installing critical BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc000000e after installing critical BIOS update: I keep receiving the Error message above after installing a critical update to my BIOS.The update I installed was BIOS 2.17.0I'm not even sure what version I had before. I successfully booted my computer through a backup thumb drive the 1st time. Now that is not working. When...
  3. Error 0xc000000e after installing critical BIOS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc000000e after installing critical BIOS update: I keep receiving the Error message above after installing a critical update to my BIOS.The update I installed was BIOS 2.17.0I'm not even sure what version I had before. I successfully booted my computer through a backup thumb drive the 1st time. Now that is not working. When...
  4. BIOS error after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS error after update: HiI have fresh PC with Win 11. After prompt for drivers updates my PC I click for update of BIOS as well and my PC stopped working. I just see error message with no ID: unsupported memory populations/installation configurationsSee pic attached.I cannot boot and get into BIOS...
  5. BIOS error after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS error after update: HiI have fresh PC with Win 11. After prompt for drivers updates my PC I click for update of BIOS as well and my PC stopped working. I just see error message with no ID: unsupported memory populations/installation configurationsSee pic attached.I cannot boot and get into BIOS...
  6. Windows error after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows error after BIOS update: Hey everyone. I have just built my first PC and am having some issues. I am using windows 10 with an aorus gigabyte elite wifi MB and a Ryzen 5 2600. I have two NVMe hard drives labeled C and D. During my initial install, I had installed windows to the D drive and it was...
  7. Problems after repairing MBR

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after repairing MBR: Hi all, First time poster here that is hoping for a little help possibly. Hopefully this isn’t too long winded, just want to give as much info as possible to help with a solution. PC specs: Dell XPS 9000 (I know its old, but it still works for what I need) Win 10 (early...
  8. REPAIR MBR AFTER LINUXMINT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    REPAIR MBR AFTER LINUXMINT: I have the following: Thinkpad Edge E540 Samsung 256GB SSD 8GB DDR3 Windows 10 Pro up to date I had to do a job in Linux and had set up a dual-boot setup which worked fine. I don't need Linux Mint any longer and had to recover drive space. So far, so good. When the...
  9. MBR Error after Windows 10 update

MBR Error after Windows 10 update: I use an Asus PC with Windows 10 Pro. Update version 1809. There were a number of updates (I had been away for a bit) . I have auto updates ON and I assume the system updates in sequence, as applicable. (Auto updates also on Office 365) When I switched on the PC , I got...
  10. Repair MBR?

Repair MBR?: I've been trying to sort out my CPU overclock lately and as Windows crashed and restarted due to an unstable overclock I neglected to to run the file scan that was presented on the next boot. It now appears my MBR may be damaged. It doesn't appear catastrophic but boot up is...