Windows 10: MBR Error after Windows 10 update

Discus and support MBR Error after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use an Asus PC with Windows 10 Pro. Update version 1809. There were a number of updates (I had been away for a bit) . I have auto updates ON and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adam okhai, Jun 23, 2019.

1. MBR Error after Windows 10 update

I use an Asus PC with Windows 10 Pro. Update version 1809. There were a number of updates (I had been away for a bit) .

I have auto updates ON and I assume the system updates in sequence, as applicable. (Auto updates also on Office 365)

When I switched on the PC , I got an error message : "MBR Error , press any key to reboot from floppy".

After I press a key, msg refers to Error 2 (and repeated pressing changes message to something very similar, e.g. Error 3, 4 , etc)

There is no floppy. How do I reboot system --- my backup Win 10 Pro is in a partitioned Drive D.

Thank you! Anxiously awaiting answer.

Adam

:)

adam okhai, Jun 23, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Silvero Win User
    Windows 10 Update C1900101-30018 Error

Hello, I am trying to update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 directly from notifications but I am getting this error after the setup is completed. I am getting this error after: C1900101-30018 Error

Error: https://postimg.org/image/m146zmpav/
    Notification upgrade: https://postimg.org/image/l2mwuhyn5/

Any help would be appreciated *Smile MBR Error after Windows 10 update :) Thank you.

Silvero, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Recon-UK Win User

MBR Error after Windows 10 update

Recon-UK, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

MBR Error after Windows 10 update

1. MBR Error after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - MBR Error update

2. gpt to mbr error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpt to mbr error: hi i have only one ssd and i recently convert my ssd from gpt to mbr when I connect my bootable mbr USB to the computer it's not recognizable by the bios also my ssd it's not recognizable too can any one help me...
  3. gpt to mbr error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpt to mbr error: hi i have only one ssd and i recently convert my ssd from gpt to mbr when I connect my bootable mbr USB to the computer it's not recognizable by the bios also my ssd it's not recognizable too can any one help me...
  4. MBR Error after Bios update lead to windows repair / install ptoblems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR Error after Bios update lead to windows repair / install ptoblems: Hi, I don't know if this should be called troubleshooting or installation problem, but here is the story: This morning, I had a Win 10 (pro, I believe) that was fully up to date and working well. Expecting a new cpu soon, I updated my bios using Gigabyte's @BIOS software...
  5. Widows 10 MBR corrupt after update June 11

Widows 10 MBR corrupt after update June 11: Hello. After the June 10 update of windows 10, my PC corrupted. I have downloaded the windows tool and can get to a command prompt. Repair, uninstall of update, revert to, do not work. Safe mode booting does not work. Bootrec commands do not solve the problem.Notice that the...
  6. Windows 10 MBR Error 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 MBR Error 1: I really need help! My machine was running slow so I rebooted it. It now won't start and I get an MBR Error 1 message. I can get to the setup and it passed the diagnostic tests but it still won't start. If I go to the boot menu but am not sure of the order for booting....
  7. Fix Windows 10 MBR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Windows 10 MBR: Windows 10 MBR is broken! I tried reinstalling the operating system but no work. It always shows: 0xc000000e (winload.efi). I tried these commands with the command prompt built in with the installation media: bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bootrec /RebuildBcd Although...
  8. windows 10 update corruption of OS or MBR

windows 10 update corruption of OS or MBR: How do you prevent a windows 10 update from corrupting your OS before starting the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-update-corruption-of-os-or-mbr/52fa5e77-5776-4bd0-8521-f4ef564cac59
  9. MBR error 2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MBR error 2: I poweron my computer this afternoon and for first time i see mbr error 2 for just a moment and after the system start normally. I have windows 10 64bit I read a lot regarding this but I'm afraid of making mistakes to fix the problem Thank for your suggestions Hispa...
  10. Windows 10, and MBR?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, and MBR?: Hi I was just reading a post on another forum. It was said that you can't install Windows 10 on a disk that has a Master Boot Record. That because it uses a GBR you have to remove all of the partitions and change the boot manager before you install it....