Windows 10: MBR virus

Discus and support MBR virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. My system has been infected with MBR:Backboot-G [Rtk] virus. Malwarebytes is unable to detect it. Avast is but is unable to remove/repair it. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ananya Das, Nov 17, 2019.

1. MBR virus

Hi. My system has been infected with MBR:Backboot-G [Rtk] virus. Malwarebytes is unable to detect it. Avast is but is unable to remove/repair it. I have tried Farbar, Spy hunter 5 and RogueKiller. Nothing seems to be working, I have also tried Windows Defender on Offline Mode. Kindly help me in removing this. Thank you.

:)

Ananya Das, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Smittychat., Nov 17, 2019
  3. clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Nov 17, 2019
  4. MBR virus

Windows 10 & 7th gen Intel Core processors in UEFI mode running on MBR partitions

Hi John,

MBR partition is for older laptops but there's a workaround for it. It is to convert MBR to GPT. In this case, you can use a disk partition management. Try these steps:

• Click "Start Menu" > input "diskpart" in the search box and press "Enter" > Click "Yes" to open command prompt.
    • Type "list disk" and press "Enter".
    • Type "select disk n" and press "Enter". n is the number of the disk you want to convert. (take "Disk 1" for example)
    • Input "clean" and press "Enter" to delete all partitions or volumes on the selected disk.
    • Type "convert mbr" and press "Enter" to complete the conversion from GPT to MBR format.

Inform us for any updates regarding your issue.

Regene Jos, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

MBR virus

1. MBR virus - Similar Threads - MBR virus

2. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format: I just updated my PC with new Win11 compatible motherboard, after much work in the bios got Win10 to load, then installed new SSD and copied the system to it. after again fiddling with the Bios could boot from either disk by using app easy cd. But something I did now will not...
  3. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format: I just updated my PC with new Win11 compatible motherboard, after much work in the bios got Win10 to load, then installed new SSD and copied the system to it. after again fiddling with the Bios could boot from either disk by using app easy cd. But something I did now will not...
  4. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is Use to Fix MBR Filesystems, What's the Parameter for GPT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is Use to Fix MBR Filesystems, What's the Parameter for GPT...: Hi Microsoft friends.If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is use to fix MBR filesystems, what's the parameter for GPT filesystems? is it /fixgpt?Also, which part of this article fixes the Windows Recovery wherein you can boot to Windows PE, right now when I hold Shift + Restart, it doesn't...
  6. If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is Use to Fix MBR Filesystems, What's the Parameter for GPT...

If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is Use to Fix MBR Filesystems, What's the Parameter for GPT...: Hi Microsoft friends.If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is use to fix MBR filesystems, what's the parameter for GPT filesystems? is it /fixgpt?Also, which part of this article fixes the Windows Recovery wherein you can boot to Windows PE, right now when I hold Shift + Restart, it doesn't...
  7. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...: Hello friends, I have a problem that I could not solve.I encountered this problem while changing Windows. I saw solutions that clean the disk, but I have important information on the disk.I have a disk, which contains several partitions. And I already deleted partition 3...
  8. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...: Hello friends, I have a problem that I could not solve.I encountered this problem while changing Windows. I saw solutions that clean the disk, but I have important information on the disk.I have a disk, which contains several partitions. And I already deleted partition 3...
  9. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Is There a MBR GPT Virus/Malware Thing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is There a MBR GPT Virus/Malware Thing?: This is a completely new install of win10 I have just now put up. The fourth this year. The third in about the last 3 - 6 months. I'm very slack about keeping records but the previous two I am completely sure had MBR boot partitions on UEFI computers - and that's not what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MasterBoot MBR SpyHunter 5