Windows 10: MBR2DPT Not Recognized

Discus and support MBR2DPT Not Recognized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings. I'm working on a new Windows 10 build and I have been having some issues. Initially I had Win10 loaded and things were fairly stable and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wyldturk, Mar 1, 2019.

1. wyldturk Win User

MBR2DPT Not Recognized

Greetings. I'm working on a new Windows 10 build and I have been having some issues. Initially I had Win10 loaded and things were fairly stable and was able to run the conversion to GPT and utilize UEFI. Then I had some serious stability issues and worked through until I determined one of the two sticks of RAM was bad. Though all that I reinstalled Windows 10. I'm using an OEI full install disk of 64-bit Home...says its version 1607. I'm on my 3rd install attempt and every time I'm getting the same response when trying to run any mbr2gpt commands. I'm using the elevated command prompt and its in the system32 directory.

Going down this path of switching to GPT and UEFI at the guidance from AMD for stability of their Ryzen 3 APU. Getting frustrated...any help is greatly appreciated.

MBR2DPT Not Recognized [​IMG]

:)

wyldturk, Mar 1, 2019

2. backup drive not recognized

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the external backup is not being recognized. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing Samsung Galaxy S6

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Also, I would suggest you to check if you get any options or any notification that the device is recognized in your phone when it is connected to the system. If so, then change the options in the phone and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2019
  4. MBR2DPT Not Recognized

USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

MBR2DPT Not Recognized

1. MBR2DPT Not Recognized - Similar Threads - MBR2DPT Recognized

2. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  3. Recognizing a Second Monitor

Recognizing a Second Monitor: Hello. I recently got a second monitor for my computer. The one I have had is an ASUS monitor, and the new one is a Samsung with 4k resolution. I use two video cards with my setup and I have one monitor plugged into one each (Nvidia Geforce GTX 780). If I open up my driver, I...
  4. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  5. DVD Burner not recognizing a dvd when put in

DVD Burner not recognizing a dvd when put in: convertXtoDVD stopped working properly after a couple of updates, removed the updates, but still not working, it says no disk in drive, but when put in it says parsing but does not work, saying disk was ejected by user, but was not ejected, help!...
  6. Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout

Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout: Hello everyone. I was working on my pc the other day and suddenly a power shortage happened. After the power came back I turned on my pc only to find that neither the keyboard nor the mouse worked. I tried plugging them on different USB ports and it doesn't work either, in...
  7. computer does not recognize my SD cards no more

computer does not recognize my SD cards no more: my computer does not recognize my SD cards no more it work ok before updates. anyone help ive tried trouble shoot but it did not detect anything....
  8. usb is not recognize on windows 10 mounted in parallels desktop for mac

usb is not recognize on windows 10 mounted in parallels desktop for mac: Hi i ha a usb game pad i used for play in my mac but when i try to used in win 10 mounted in oarallels destop dosent appear thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-is-not-recognize-on-windows-10-mounted-in/f8375d15-31dc-4172-8ee5-dc7ecdb4b741
  9. I cannot get my windows 10 home to recognize my hp 1012 printer.

I cannot get my windows 10 home to recognize my hp 1012 printer.: I thought I could just download the driver but even having trouble doing that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-windows-10-home-to-recognize-my-hp/f1b513f4-405d-467f-9172-1c1bdb7ac415
  10. MBR2DPT Not Recognized

MBR2DPT Not Recognized: Greetings. I'm working on a new Windows 10 build and I have been having some issues. Initially I had Win10 loaded and things were fairly stable and was able to run the conversion to GPT and utilize UEFI. Then I had some serious stability issues and worked through until I...