Windows 10: MBR2GPT conversion error "please remove the write protection"

Discus and support MBR2GPT conversion error "please remove the write protection" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so I'm doing the GPT conversion on a laptop booted into windows. I run /convert /allowfullos it creates the new partition but from there i get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djjuice, Apr 27, 2017.

1. djjuice Win User

MBR2GPT conversion error "please remove the write protection"

so I'm doing the GPT conversion on a laptop booted into windows.
    I run /convert /allowfullos
    it creates the new partition but from there i get the message saying the disk cannot be written to because it is write protected. Please remove the write protection from the volume in the drive \device\harddiskVolume6
    this appears to be the new partition that is created during the conversion.

i've tried using disk part to remove the write protection in the partition but this fails, i doubt the main HD is write protected as then i wouldnt be able to write anything to the C drive.

not sure what else to do here, if i continue the conversion fails and revers back (removes partition)
    any ideas?

thank you in advance

:)

djjuice, Apr 27, 2017

2. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

Every single number.. No i've tested in on my mothers phone and her ID isn't set on private but still doesn't show. When i miss the call it automatically sends me a message saying who called, well if there number isn't on private.

hamburglar1, Apr 27, 2017
  3. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

I've had this problem since ever... Whenever i recieve a call it doesn't show the caller. All it says is " Call ". Please someone help me get rid of this ! My settings are set as " Say caller's name; - On "

hamburglar1, Apr 27, 2017
  4. SIW2 Win User

Have you tried it from PE?

5. Anibor Win User
    Anibor, Apr 27, 2017
  6. djjuice Win User
    Honestly i havent as I was trying to avoid that route (scrambling to find a usb stick), but looks like I may have to

djjuice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MBR2GPT conversion error "please remove the write protection" - Similar Threads - MBR2GPT conversion error

2. Issues concerning MBR2GPT conversion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues concerning MBR2GPT conversion: I was following the tutorial provided on the official Microsoft page, concerning mbr2gpt conversion, everything was fine, and I was able to /validate and /convert using FullOs. After the conversion finished I got a success message in the cmd window, with an error that the...
  3. Issues concerning MBR2GPT conversion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues concerning MBR2GPT conversion: I was following the tutorial provided on the official Microsoft page, concerning mbr2gpt conversion, everything was fine, and I was able to /validate and /convert using FullOs. After the conversion finished I got a success message in the cmd window, with an error that the...
  4. Issues concerning MBR2GPT conversion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to remove write protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove write protection: I'm not able to delete some files in my pc. They're actually in my phone and I'm not able to see them even if I "enable show hidden files" in my phone.So I plugged in the USB cable, went to my phone downloads, and then tried to delete it. But it shows unable to delete because...
  6. MBR2GPT error and successful conversion without losing data .

MBR2GPT error and successful conversion without losing data .: Respected Everyone.... i want to convert my disk 0 from MBR to GPT , i first tried to validate using mbr2gpt tool and the validation showed " Disk layout validation failed for disk 0" but i currently run windows 21h1. The other part of the error was that it showed...
  7. Remove Write protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Write protection: how do I remove the write protection from my removable disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-write-protection/7c54f2b7-9c7e-45c7-aba7-f536bfc9f088
  8. remove write-protection

remove write-protection: hi i was having issues with steam downloading /updating games i would get corrupt disk / read /disk write errors all the time so i did some googling and found some posts about removing write-protection on the drive so i followed videos on how to do it but now my drive is...
  9. The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection

The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection: Hi I just join my computer with autopilot and mi HDD of storage don't allow me to write for permission, I try modify permission from properties ->security->advance option and nothing, I try with cmd with the comand diskpart --> attributes disk clear readonly and nothing....
  10. Remove write protection

Remove write protection: So my harddrive crashed, I replaced it with one from newegg.com however it had no operating system so I bought windows 10 at best buy, it comes on a 16gig usb 3.0 flash drive. I have it all running good it's just that I want to use this flash drive for personal things but I...