Windows 10: MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

Discus and support MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Would love to get some help I'm trying to install the new Win10 update but then I get this error: "windows can't be installed because this pc has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonHajaj, Sep 3, 2019.

1. RonHajaj Win User

MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

Hi,

Would love to get some help

I'm trying to install the new Win10 update but then I get this error: "windows can't be installed because this pc has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware"

Afterward I run MBR2GPT run it in WINPE but I get this error: "cannot find room for the EFI system partition"

I have two partitions on this disk: 1. System. 2. Recovery and 100mb unallocated.

When I try to shrink volume on Disk Management I get 0 size of available shrink space in MB.

The disk has plenty of free space though.

Any ideas?

:)

RonHajaj, Sep 3, 2019
  2. lolcocks Win User

Unable to use MBR2GPT, shrinking the partition fail even manually.

Hello,

I am trying to convert my system from MBR to GPT in Windows 10 Recovery Mode Command Prompt but sadly I am getting the following error when I try to do so:

Code:
    Code:
    MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk 0 MBR2GPT: Retrieving layout of disk MBR2GPT: Validating layout, disk sector size is: 512 bytes MBR2GPT: Trying to shrink the system partition MBR2GPT: Trying to shrink the OS partition Cannot find room for the EFI system partition. MBR2GPT: Conversion failed
    There is 37 GB of free space available on C drive and 73 on D drive. I only have two drives.

Then I started Windows and went into Disk Management and tried to shrink my C drive from there and I got the following error:

MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition. [​IMG]

A screenshot of my Disk Management:

MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition. [​IMG]

I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809, clean installed.

lolcocks, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Cant update Windows 10 because UEFI error

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I did as you said but it tells me:

MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk 2

MBR2GPT: Retrieving layout of disk

MBR2GPT: Validating layout, disk sector size is: 512 bytes

MBR2GPT: Trying to shrink the OS partition

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

MBR2GPT: Conversion failed

Neverendingname, Sep 3, 2019
  4. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition. :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition. - Similar Threads - MBR2GPT fails error

2. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hi Folks, I am wanting to upgrade my system to Windows 11, and I went and enabled TPM 2.0, and Secure Boot, after doing this whenever I went to load up my pc, it would throw me back into the BIOS settings, so I changed them back to Legacy and all is good, after some research...
  3. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hi Folks, I am wanting to upgrade my system to Windows 11, and I went and enabled TPM 2.0, and Secure Boot, after doing this whenever I went to load up my pc, it would throw me back into the BIOS settings, so I changed them back to Legacy and all is good, after some research...
  4. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: As the title states I am unable to convert my disk to UEFI, I've tried shrinking the disk but I have 0 space available for shrinking, and have been unable to change that, any way to work around this? All help is appreciated....
  6. MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: As the title states I am unable to convert my disk to UEFI, I've tried shrinking the disk but I have 0 space available for shrinking, and have been unable to change that, any way to work around this? All help is appreciated....
  7. MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition MBR2GPT: Conversion failed

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition MBR2GPT: Conversion failed: Hi,I have to convert MBR to GPT without formatingI have attached log file and screen shot please help me as soon as possibleif you need anything else i will share it...
  9. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition MBR2GPT: Conversion failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot find room for the EFI system partition MBR2GPT: Conversion failed: Hi,I have to convert MBR to GPT without formatingI have attached log file and screen shot please help me as soon as possibleif you need anything else i will share it...
  10. mbr2gpt fails with "Cannot find room for the EFI system partition."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mbr2gpt fails with "Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.": Greetings. As Windows 11 comes close to it's release, I thought I'd start preparations in advance. My PC is fully compliant with Windows 11, however my disks all have MBR partition instead of GPT so I wanted to convert it as soon as possible. However, I hadn't had any luck...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot find room for the efi system partition

2. mbr2gpt 0x000036b7

3. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

4. cannot create efi system partition. error: 0x000036b7,
  5. cannot find room for the efi system partition.mbr2gpt: conversion failed,
  6. mbr 2 gpt error 0x000036b7,
  7. mbr2gpt fehler 0x000036B7,
  8. mbr2gpt conversion error failed cannot install bootfile,
  9. cant find room for efi partition,
  10. error 0x000036B7 mbr2gpt,
  11. mbr2gpt error cannot create efi system partition error 0x000036b7,
  12. mbr2gpt cannont find room for the EFI,
  13. mbr2gpt conversion failed cannot find room,
  14. mbr2gpt cannot find room for efi partition,
  15. mbr2gpt エラー 0x000036b7