Windows 10: McAfee and Norton Expired? Not Installed

Discus and support McAfee and Norton Expired? Not Installed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey all, my wife started getting two error messages last night. McAfee and Norton say that they are both expired and need to be renewed. She does not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CChamp, Jan 21, 2020.

1. CChamp Win User

McAfee and Norton Expired? Not Installed

Hey all, my wife started getting two error messages last night. McAfee and Norton say that they are both expired and need to be renewed. She does not have either one of those programs installed. Strictly MS antivirus and Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes and AV show her system clean. The error messages seem to only show when on the internet and it is possible that her adblocker (adblocker ultimate) was turned off at the time. Does anyone know why these all of a sudden started popping up? She does not do any shady surfing, a couple of knitting and news sites are about it. Thanks in advance.

McAfee and Norton Expired? Not Installed [​IMG]

:)

CChamp, Jan 21, 2020
  2. CChamp Win User

Hey all, my wife started getting two error messages last night. McAfee and Norton say that they are both expired and need to be renewed. She does not have either one of those programs installed. Strictly MS antivirus and Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes and AV show her system clean. The error messages seem to only show when on the internet and it is possible that her adblocker (adblocker ultimate) was turned off at the time. Does anyone know why these all of a sudden started popping up? She does not do any shady surfing, a couple of knitting and news sites are about it. Thanks in advance.

CChamp, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Can I install Norton over Mcafee

I currently have McAfee installed and I want to install Norton. Can I leave McAfee installed when I install Norton. If I can, how do I shut down McAfee until I prove Norton is working ?

If I have to uninstall McAfee and Norton does not work for me how do I re-install McAfee ?

Thanks for your help

Bern

Bern Sundberg, Jan 21, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks

@CChamp
    @hawkman

Please don't waste your time with that rubbish any more --Windows defender and its real time protection beats all these rubbish 3rd party A/V systems HANDS DOWN --certainly on modern / latest versions of W10

3rd party A/V protection on HOME Computers these days is just the dying desperations of some so called "I.T security experts" clinging on to jobs that are no longer needed -- such as old Comptometer (not Computer) operators --those big tabulator manual clanking counting machines when an 11 yr old school kid with (at that time ) the new fangled EXCEL sreadsheet would have done it quicker than 560 of those old operators. !!!!!

Old comptometer machine :

Think of King Canute trying to roll back the tides --progress moves on -- time for these old things TO DIE.

If on a HOME (not Corporate) machine if you think you need this stuff you are probably pirating material from Pirate bay or whatever -- 99.9.9% of people DO NOT NEED THIS STUFF ANYMORE --just beware of scams and fake web sites --No AV system can reasonably protect you against those --just USE BRAIN.

My Pet Hate -- So called "Security I.T experts" on DOMESTIC (note they are necessary on corporate / enterprise / work Lans --another story) Computers and software that's living on past reputations such as Malwarebytes etc --TIME TO DIE on HOME machines.

Typical Husband / wife teams aren't trying to get stuff off The Pirate bay / rar.bg / yts.ag or whatever so totally unnecessary to protect against threats from possible malware -- also these days with so many legit sources of multi-media content obtainable cheaply even those pirate sites don't want their users effected by malware any more.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. McAfee and Norton Expired? Not Installed - Similar Threads - McAfee Norton Expired

2. Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...: Windows Virus & Threat Protection, under Protection Updates, states, "Your subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon".McAfee from AT&T states: "Your McAfee subscription ends in 179389 days".I guess the difference may be the interpretation of the word, "soon". I figure...
  3. Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...: Windows Virus & Threat Protection, under Protection Updates, states, "Your subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon".McAfee from AT&T states: "Your McAfee subscription ends in 179389 days".I guess the difference may be the interpretation of the word, "soon". I figure...
  4. Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. McAfee Subscription has expired

McAfee Subscription has expired: My computer came with a temporary subscription to McAfee anti-virus. After my trial expired I used the program found on McAfee's website to uninstall this program. Despite this, I consistently get a windows pop up that says "McAfee subscription has expired" then instructs me...
  6. McAfee has been expired

McAfee has been expired: My McAfee has expired on my new 365 windows. I'm wanting to know if I can download My free McAfee from my internet provide and not lose my Microsoft 365 security? [Original Title: security]...
  7. CenturyLink Security by McAfee - Norton is gone!!

CenturyLink Security by McAfee - Norton is gone!!: For years, my ISP (CenturyLink) has used Norton as their antivirus provider. Just the other day when I went to go pay my bill online, I received an alert saying that Norton would no longer be supported and provided by CenturyLink. The message said for me to download...
  8. McAfee Subscription Expired

McAfee Subscription Expired: I don't have McAfee, nor do I want. Norton can with Comcast and have had since 2009. Getting notifications that McAfee is out of date or subscription has expired. What do I do.. [Original Title: McAfee]...
  9. how to replace mcafee with norton in windows 10

how to replace mcafee with norton in windows 10: Purchased 2 new windows 10 computers that came with McAfee security software installed. Already have Norton security installed on 2 older computers which these will replace. How do remove McAfee and reinstall Norton on the new computers?...
  10. McAfee has expired

McAfee has expired: I let McAfee expire, and I removed it. But Windows Defender still says "McAfee VirusScan is installed as an antivirus provider." How is McAfee still involved, since my McAfee subscription has expired?...