Windows 10: mcafee buffer overflow message on windows 10

Discus and support mcafee buffer overflow message on windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; latest version of McAfee virus protection is causing BOP message with all Microsoft programs. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GinoL3589, Sep 3, 2020.

1. GinoL3589 Win User

mcafee buffer overflow message on windows 10

latest version of McAfee virus protection is causing BOP message with all Microsoft programs.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

GinoL3589, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Mishima_ Win User

sihost.exe BUFFER OVERFLOW

I am having major issues with my sihost.exe process running on my local after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10. After examining the errors on my pc, I see sihost showing BUFFER OVERFLOW result when attempting to RegQueryValue on Cortana values. My
    start menu is unresponsive and things such as opening File Explorer are taking an incredibly long time. I haven't attempted a system restore from safe mode but this is my next step.

Example:

Operation: RegQueryValue

Result: BUFFER OVERFLOW

Path: HKCU\Software\Classes\Extensions\ContractId\Windows.BackgroundTasks\PackageId\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.4.8.176_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy\ActivatableClassId\CortanaUI.AppXd4tad4d57t4wtdbnnmb8v2xtzym8c1n8.mca\Description

Mishima_, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Rafael R. Win User

Seeing buffer overflows, in what appears to be ProcMon output, is normal. What problem are you having exactly?

Rafael R., Sep 3, 2020
  4. mcafee buffer overflow message on windows 10

Hi Mishima,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing could be due the system is infected or third party software is conflicting with the issue. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method information provided.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to reset the Windows explorer. Please follow the steps:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and locate for
      Windows Explorer.

• Right click on the Windows Explorer and click on
      End task.

• On top of the Task Manager click on File and click on
      Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe inside the box and hit Enter.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

I suggest you to run Microsoft Safety Scanner and check if u get any suspicious or bug on your computer. To perform
    Microsoft Safety Scanner please visit the below link:

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If the above method does not fix the issue try the below method provided.

Method 3.

I recommend you to perform Clean boot and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below
    link on how to perform Clean boot. (Step applicable for Windows 10).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

mcafee buffer overflow message on windows 10

1. mcafee buffer overflow message on windows 10 - Similar Threads - mcafee buffer overflow

2. Cortana is Buffering and Buffering

in Cortana
    Cortana is Buffering and Buffering: When I try to sign in Cortana is just Buffering and nothing is happening can any one help me , please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-buffering-and-buffering/2a2c4c48-39a4-443b-93a0-608523ba7b45
  3. Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow: I received info on my PC when I re-start it: Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow of a stack-based buffer in this application. svchost.exe So I wrote to Bitdefender and received this answer: Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow is a bug it means that a program writes more...
  4. Svchost.exe stack buffer overflow/overrun

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Svchost.exe stack buffer overflow/overrun: Hello. Yesterday when i turned of the pc, i got this error popping off " svchost.exe The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application. " I turned on the pc...
  5. Windows 10 Crash: Driver stack overflow

Windows 10 Crash: Driver stack overflow: Another blue screen. Complaint was about driver stack: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f7 0x00006ad185ffcc73, 0x00006ad188ffcc73, 0xffff952e7700338c, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  6. McAfee: Windows 10 indicates McAfee is expiring when it is now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee: Windows 10 indicates McAfee is expiring when it is now: After last windows update, now indicating McAfee will expire in 4 days. Verified with McAfee it is not expiring. I think it's a Windows 10 problem?...
  7. "Overflowed stack-based buffer" error in login UI

"Overflowed stack-based buffer" error in login UI: [IMG] Windows appears to have force updated sometime today. I booted my computer up while out and about, and encountered a "stack overflow error" with explorer.EXE. I followed the following guide...
  8. ERROR MESSAGE - STACK OVERFLOW AT LINE: 20

ERROR MESSAGE - STACK OVERFLOW AT LINE: 20: HI, I KEEP RECEIVING THIS POP UP MESSAGE "STACK OVERLOW LINE 20" WHEN I TRIED TO LOG IN MY TEAMS ACCOUNT I ALSO TRIED MICROSOFT TEAM WEB VERSION BUT STILL NO LUCK... THANKS, YNI...
  9. McAfee Antivirus with Windows 10

McAfee Antivirus with Windows 10: I have McAfee AntiVirus on my Windows 7 computer. I'm getting new computer with Windows 10. Will McAfee AntiVirus complement Windows 10 protection or will there be a conflict?...
  10. Windows 10 defender & McAfee

Windows 10 defender & McAfee: I am running McAfee internet security on windows 10. My question is should windows defender be on as well? I don't seem to be able to switch it off, it just comes back on after a while. I don't seem to get a definitive answer anywhere. 71413

Users found this page by searching for:

1. buffer overflow windows message