Windows 10: Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop.

Discus and support Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was installing win10 upgrade from Win8 and was told Mcafee was incompatible. Uninstalled Mcafee via Revo uninstaller. Rebooted, started upgrade, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by errolgreer, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop.

I was installing win10 upgrade from Win8 and was told Mcafee was incompatible. Uninstalled Mcafee via Revo uninstaller. Rebooted, started upgrade, but same problem. Discovered Mcafee was running via task manager, although no longer installed. I assume it is running online, as it wthe upgrade still tells me to uninstall Mcafee before it will continue. Task Manager sees Mcafee but cannot end the task. HOW DO I STOP IT FROM RUNNING?

:)

errolgreer, Feb 7, 2020

2. win 10 will not allow me to open McAfee

Hi Norbert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to un-install/re-install McAfee and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, right click on the
      McAfee and select uninstall it.

• Now install it again.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 7, 2020
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Feb 7, 2020
  4. RonHahn2 Win User

Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop.

Error: McAfee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection needs to be uninstalled while upgrading to Windows 10

I'm running the program to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. It says I need to uninstall "Mcafee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection". I used the MCPR Mcafee uninstall tool and restarted. I still get the error message. Mcafee is not listed
    in my Programs list to uninstall. What else do I need to do to get rid of this Mcafee error and get the upgrade installed?

***Modified title from: windows 7 to 10 upgrade but Mcafee error stops process***

RonHahn2, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop.

1. Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop. - Similar Threads - Mcafee causing upgrade

2. Stopping McAfee pop ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping McAfee pop ups: Hi thereI am trying to stop the McAfee pop ups that say my computer is not covered when I now have Norton security. I tried going into settings to turn them off and they are already turned off. It is getting really annoying! Would be grateful for any help....thanks...
  3. Stopping McAfee pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stopping McAfee pop ups: Hi thereI am trying to stop the McAfee pop ups that say my computer is not covered when I now have Norton security. I tried going into settings to turn them off and they are already turned off. It is getting really annoying! Would be grateful for any help....thanks...
  4. Stopping McAfee pop ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 10 Pro upgrade started to install but stopped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro upgrade started to install but stopped: Split from this thread.I bought win10 pro upgrade at the MS store, it started to install and gave an error.Now there is no pro key to enter, yet shows I bought the upgrade.Help appreciated to resolve.Thanks,...
  6. Stop McAfee notifications

Stop McAfee notifications: My daughters ultrabook has Windows 10 on it. She does not have McAfee installed. Yet recently she started getting lots of notifications from McAfee, about 5 or 6 a minute. She temporarily solved the problem by just turning off notifications, but I am hoping to fix the problem...
  7. Upgrading to win 10 causing problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading to win 10 causing problems: Having upgraded from win 7 to win 10 caused a number of problems most of which have been solved though. However, one particular problem resists any attemps to be loosed. I cannot open photos and or videos from my facebook friends any more. I keep getting this message:...
  8. windows 7 to 10 upgrade but Mcafee error stops process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 to 10 upgrade but Mcafee error stops process: I'm running the program to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. It says I need to uninstall "Mcafee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection". I used the MCPR Mcafee uninstall tool and restarted. I still get the error message. Mcafee is not listed in my Programs list...
  9. How to stop mcAfee notifications

How to stop mcAfee notifications: I have McAfee installed. But I get these notifications. Now I have one asking me for "Time for one quick question" And it wants me to rate it. It is a large box in the bottom right corner which takes up space and covers any work or browsers open. I do not want to answer...
  10. McAfee stop working

McAfee stop working: I'm having a problem with my antivirus protection i been trying to fix but when i ask for help , i'm asked if this is a windows 8 pc i don't answer because it is a windows 10 pc . I recently got a windows update and now my McAfee is not working or responding.....again this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update asking me to uninstall mcafee endpoint