Windows 10: McAfee files

Discus and support McAfee files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had to contact McAfee because I thought I needed to update my software. My computer kept saying there was an error when trying to install. Come to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonnaRoller, May 16, 2020.

1. McAfee files

I had to contact McAfee because I thought I needed to update my software. My computer kept saying there was an error when trying to install. Come to find out, I did not need to update my McAfee because it was good till 2030. The support guy from McAfee said I needed to contact Microsoft about the files. He copied the screen print to my desktop but I can't figure out how to copy and paste the screen shot to here. Can someone help me?

:)

DonnaRoller, May 16, 2020

2. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, May 16, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall

Patty,
    If you come across files denying you the permission to delete, use this tutorial
    How to Add 'Take Ownership' to Context Menu in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Start with step 2, skip step 3 and 4, continue to step 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Once installed, go back to the file you cannot delete > right click at it > click take Ownership > wait for the flashing black screens to finish > now, try to delete the file again.

By the way, McAfee Removal Tool is really the one you should use first. It is written specifically for that purpose.

davidhk, May 16, 2020
  4. McAfee files

win 10 will not allow me to open McAfee

Hi Norbert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to un-install/re-install McAfee and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, right click on the
      McAfee and select uninstall it.

• Now install it again.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 16, 2020
Thema:

McAfee files

1. McAfee files - Similar Threads - McAfee files

2. How to Remove Mcafee VSCore and other files from my laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Remove Mcafee VSCore and other files from my laptop?: Hi,I tried uninstalling all Mcafee Products using their MCPR software. After following the steps, a popup showed m y uninstall was incomplete. As per official Mcafee steps in such cases, I re-did the uninstall using the MCPR.exe and this time it showed Uninstall Complete.The...
  3. How to Remove Mcafee VSCore and other files from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Mcafee VSCore and other files from my laptop?: Hi,I tried uninstalling all Mcafee Products using their MCPR software. After following the steps, a popup showed m y uninstall was incomplete. As per official Mcafee steps in such cases, I re-did the uninstall using the MCPR.exe and this time it showed Uninstall Complete.The...
  4. How to Remove Mcafee VSCore and other files from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I delete McAfee files from a folder called Window Apps in Program Files?

How can I delete McAfee files from a folder called Window Apps in Program Files?: My PC awoke on its own from sleep today. There was a popup asking me to activate McAfee Web Advisor. I long ago uninstalled the McAfee program that came with my PC. I can't recall the last time I installed any new program, so I'm puzzled as to where this new installation of...
  6. How can I delete McAfee files from a folder called Window Apps in Program Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete McAfee files from a folder called Window Apps in Program Files?: My PC awoke on its own from sleep today. There was a popup asking me to activate McAfee Web Advisor. I long ago uninstalled the McAfee program that came with my PC. I can't recall the last time I installed any new program, so I'm puzzled as to where this new installation of...
  7. Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran: Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran. First we were Norton and now a McAfee customer, when we found that after installing the software the Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee...
  8. Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran: Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran. First we were Norton and now a McAfee customer, when we found that after installing the software the Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee...
  9. Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran

10. .dll and.mui files accumulating in Temporary Files reported by Mcafee and not being removed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .dll and.mui files accumulating in Temporary Files reported by Mcafee and not being removed.: The count is now over 1500 of these files reported using Tracker Remover from McAfee, McAfee is not removing them. What are they, can I remove them, where are they stored really, will they continue appearing?They weren't appearing until the January Cumulative update I...