Windows 10: McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work.

Discus and support McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work. I didn't install it for this 4 day free trial. Just came to computer today and it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dsc411, Mar 10, 2020.

1. dsc411 Win User

McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work.

I didn't install it for this 4 day free trial. Just came to computer today and it was there. Won't let me uninstall. Says another program is busy uninstalling.

:)

dsc411, Mar 10, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Mar 10, 2020
  4. McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work.

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work. - Similar Threads - McAfee firewall uninstall

2. mcafee uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    mcafee uninstall: I reset my windows 10 laptop. I deselected the option to install mcafee security. yet It got installed. now I m trying touninstall it but unsuccessful. plz provide solution...
  3. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  4. How to Uninstall McAfee

How to Uninstall McAfee: I want to delete all of McAfee from my computer. How do I do that? [Original Title: McAfee] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-mcafee/37edc497-3cc5-44a6-a839-18aaae7eb203
  5. uninstall McAfee LiveSafe

uninstall McAfee LiveSafe: Having trouble uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe. Followed instructions provided by McAfee, but it did not good. HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-mcafee-livesafe/ce1ac8a6-d2a8-45a9-832b-228e2e50c121"
  6. Uninstall McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall McAfee: I tried to uninstall the App via Settings, as well as via the Uninstall Programs on the Control Panel. No success at all - the response is: Navigation to web page was cancelled. I can't refresh the page. The only way to get out is to Close Window on the Taskbar...
  7. Uninstalling McAfee

Uninstalling McAfee: I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most...
  8. Windows firewall/McAfee

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall/McAfee: It says my Windows firewall is controlled my vendor McAfee. I don't have McAfee. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewallmcafee/9e4e843a-5cdc-4c3e-856b-3fbc6304a666
  9. Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast: I was troubled by the red dot and "X" beside some files in windows explorer so was recommended to uninstall my antivirus software because Windows Defender is sufficient. Running McAfee utility MCPR.exe the first thing that happened was I get a very small window almost...
  10. Uninstall McAfee Suites

Uninstall McAfee Suites: I have tried unsuccessfully to uninstall McAfee Suites. I think it is interfering with my current security suites. McAfee may have been previously downloaded or unintentionally through some other source. Any advice on how to accomplish? I've tried the uninstall within the...