Windows 10: McAfee has turnedup as enabled after an update from MS.

Discus and support McAfee has turnedup as enabled after an update from MS. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of an unwanted McAfee program has set up home after a MS Update. Already tried the usual and although I click... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarleysGhost, Feb 11, 2020.

1. McAfee has turnedup as enabled after an update from MS.

Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of an unwanted McAfee program has set up home after a MS Update. Already tried the usual and although I click uninstall= IT DOESN'T.

:)

MarleysGhost, Feb 11, 2020

2. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows 10 1903 and McAfee Compatibility

Check with McAfee for an updated version that does work with Ver 1903.

I suggest uninstalling McAfee, doing the Ver 1903 update then re-installing McAfee / installing the new McAfee version.

Denis

4. btarunr Win User

McAfee has turnedup as enabled after an update from MS.

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

McAfee has turnedup as enabled after an update from MS.

1. McAfee has turnedup as enabled after an update from MS. - Similar Threads - McAfee has turnedup

2. The ms-appinstaller protocol has been disabled? Enable it.

in Windows 10 News
    The ms-appinstaller protocol has been disabled? Enable it.: [ATTACH]Enterprise admins can now re-enable the MSIX ms-appinstaller protocol handler that Microsoft earlier disabled after Emotet malware was used by threat actors to exploit the feature to deliver malicious Windows App Installer packages. This post describes how to enable...
  3. McAfee Subscription has expired

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee Subscription has expired: My computer came with a temporary subscription to McAfee anti-virus. After my trial expired I used the program found on McAfee's website to uninstall this program. Despite this, I consistently get a windows pop up that says "McAfee subscription has expired" then instructs me...
  4. McAfee has been expired

McAfee has been expired: My McAfee has expired on my new 365 windows. I'm wanting to know if I can download My free McAfee from my internet provide and not lose my Microsoft 365 security? [Original Title: security]...
  5. McAfee from Cable Provider

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    McAfee from Cable Provider: My cable subscription includes subscription to McAfee Internet Protection / Anti Virus software. I don't see this version in the MS store - does this mean I need to exit S mode in order to take advantage of this feature ?...
  6. Popups from Mcafee "Your subscription has expired"

Popups from Mcafee "Your subscription has expired": McAfee popups " your subscription has expired" have jumped up onto my screen about 100 times in the last several weeks. How to make them STOP? Control Panel, uninstall does not list McAfee, nor does task scheduler Help!...
  7. No Ms Office or McAfee after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Ms Office or McAfee after reinstalling windows: Hi, I used to have preinstalled windows 10 on my laptop, until something happened to my hard drive, which had to be replaced. I installed april 2018 edition by downloading from their site. Since the account key was on my laptop, I didn't have to worry. But now I don't have...
  8. New updates and McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New updates and McAfee: I have windows 10 been having issues with the new updates. Before I would do the updates and it would make my computer run worse. Now, I can't really update anything. It wants me to remove McAfee. Which seems odd. What do you think?...
  9. McAfee has expired

McAfee has expired: I let McAfee expire, and I removed it. But Windows Defender still says "McAfee VirusScan is installed as an antivirus provider." How is McAfee still involved, since my McAfee subscription has expired?...
  10. mcafee gone after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mcafee gone after update: I have lost my Mcafee after updating my windows 10 I am currently doing the command prompt which in the 21st century is a bit crass bearing in mind it was running fine before the update the update has also removed several of my programs and internet browsers...