Windows 10: McAfee pre-installed on my Dell laptop is a problem.

Discus and support McAfee pre-installed on my Dell laptop is a problem. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Unfortunately that is all the infomation I am given. IDoesn't say what the app is. Doesn't say where it came from. Doesn't have an option to even... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TNT717, Apr 6, 2019.

1. TNT717 Win User

McAfee pre-installed on my Dell laptop is a problem.

Unfortunately that is all the infomation I am given. IDoesn't say what the app is. Doesn't say where it came from. Doesn't have an option to even ask. There are two options. I can block the mystery app or not.

Blocking an app has caused bigger problems than letting it through (so far) because once an app has been blocked, it not only doesn't run... it shuts down my internet connection.

Why on earth would anyone think this is a good thing.

If I know that I am blocking (for example) my Opera browser app forever should I say block (remember it doesn't tell you the app's name or function) at least I have made an informed choice.

How can I either get the program to tell me what is being blocked or perhaps even better......get rid of the McAffee garbage altogether?

Thanks for your help...

:)

TNT717, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Labyrinth Win User

How do I find the pre-installed McAfee to sign up if I skipped it?

I have a brand-new Dell 13 Inspirion 7000 with Windows 10 from Costco.

Upon starting the computer for the very first time I went through Dell Welcome screens. One asked me to signup for McAfee LifeSafe. As I had heard so many negative things about this software, I skipped the sign up. Then I read at the McAfee site that I have to sign up in order to uninstall.

So now I want to sign up and I can't find it anywhere?! I have looked at the programs available for uninstall and it is not listed. I chatted with Dell tech support and they say it's not on my computer. I go to the Dell site and they make it clear that the software is pre-installed?!!!!

Go figure. So. Could someone please tell me where to go in this computer to find the McAfee signup?

Labyrinth, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Why is McAfee pre-installed after resetting my PC?

I have a Dell Inspiration 15 laptop. The computer was acting slow, so I used Windows 10's built in recovery tools to reset my copy of Windows to a clean slate.

McAfee pre-installed on my Dell laptop is a problem. Aac8x.png

Just a few hours after resetting, I received a notification that McAfee LiveSafe had been pre-installed on my PC, and that I would need to renew my subscription in 30 days.

I reset my PC to get rid of extraneous programs, not to have McAfee reinstall itself without permission.

Why did McAfee reinstall itself after resetting my PC? How can I prevent it from installing on future resets?

McAfee pre-installed on my Dell laptop is a problem. Fr4Mw.png

Steven M. Vascellaro, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Taffy087 Win User

Don't want pre-installed McAfee on new WIn 10 laptop

Just setting up my new Win10 PC. It came pre-installed with McAfee, which is bombarding me.

I have Norton IS and IE11 on this, my older PC, and when I upgraded this from Win7 to Win10, I had problems (a) fighting off Edge (b) reinstating IE11 and (c) conflicts with Windows Defender, so the last thing I want is McAfee interfering.

I searched here and elsewhere & found threads recommending running McAfee's Removal program. Ignore that advice when McAfee is pre-installed - you need to log into your McAfee account, which you won't have if you've ignored all McAfee windows when you set
    up my new PC.

The following worked for me - if you try it, ignore all the warnings from McAfee about losing your unexpired subscriptions.

Right click the Start icon - select Control Panel/uninstall a program and zap McAfee!!

This is simple - if I can do it, anyone can!

Taffy087, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. McAfee pre-installed on my Dell laptop is a problem. - Similar Threads - McAfee pre installed

2. Reactivating Windows 11 after installing new motherboard on Dell laptop with pre-installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows 11 after installing new motherboard on Dell laptop with pre-installed...: HiI have issues with Reactivating Windows 11 after installing in July 2023 new motherboard on my Dell laptop with pre-installed Windows 10.I upgraded to Windows 11 in January 2022.It says, "Unable to activate Windows", "We can't reach our activation servers right now. Make...
  3. Reactivating Windows 11 after installing new motherboard on Dell laptop with pre-installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivating Windows 11 after installing new motherboard on Dell laptop with pre-installed...: HiI have issues with Reactivating Windows 11 after installing in July 2023 new motherboard on my Dell laptop with pre-installed Windows 10.I upgraded to Windows 11 in January 2022.It says, "Unable to activate Windows", "We can't reach our activation servers right now. Make...
  4. Windows Pre installed laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pre installed laptop: Why don't the 2022 and 2023 laptops pre-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pre-installed-laptop/0c68892a-47f1-44b2-8834-fd31afee24d4
  5. Windows Pre installed laptop

Windows Pre installed laptop: Why don't the 2022 and 2023 laptops pre-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pre-installed-laptop/0c68892a-47f1-44b2-8834-fd31afee24d4
  6. Pre-installed softwares of a Dell laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre-installed softwares of a Dell laptops: Due to some Trojan entering into my laptop I had to format it, and after formatting the only applications that are left are the dell applications, so please can someone provide me the list of softwares that come pre-installed in a new dell laptop like Java, c++, some editing...
  7. The pre-installed apps on my laptop are corrupting.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The pre-installed apps on my laptop are corrupting.: I have ran a virus check and nothings wrong. When I launch one, for example mail, it says This app can't open. It then sends me to the Microsoft store, where it saysnthis app has encountered a problem and a prompt to reinstall. Every time I try to reinstall it stops at...
  8. Is McAfee pre-installed on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is McAfee pre-installed on windows?: I was looking in program files and I saw files for McAfee. But I don't think McAfee is installed on the computer (nothing appears in the bottom right, only Norton is there) but I saw some McAfee processes in the task manager (like: McAfee firewall). So, does McAfee come...
  9. Reset Dell XPS Laptop with Pre-Installed Windows 10 - steps?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reset Dell XPS Laptop with Pre-Installed Windows 10 - steps?: I need to re-set my Dell XPS Laptop, which has a pre-installed Windows 10 on it I bought the laptop and the retailer put Windows 10 on it, so I don't have a Windows CD or a product key. My understanding is that with a pre-installed Windows 10 I don't need to worry about...
  10. Paint 3D is not opening in my windows10 pre-installed dell laptop

Paint 3D is not opening in my windows10 pre-installed dell laptop: Paint 3D is not opening. The screen is just displaying Paint 3D and then it goes off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-is-not-opening-in-my-windows10-pre/5b09fc19-4063-436e-8936-ac016999ad37

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall mcafee windows 10 dell

2. Why Mcfee dell computers have

3. mcafee dell windows 10

4. is mcafee good on dell,
  5. how to uninstall preinstalled mcafee dell,
  6. activation of mcafee on Dell with it pre-installed,
  7. uninstalling mcafee windows 10 dell,
  8. dell uninstall mcafee,
  9. dell mcafee not pre installed,
  10. my dell laptop came with mcafee antivirus,
  11. mcafee not pre-installed on dell laptop,