Windows 10: McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.

Discus and support McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to uninstall it, a window pop up with the option "uninstall" in grey, can't click it... [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SaleemAlkhouri, Apr 29, 2020.

1. McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.

I tried to uninstall it, a window pop up with

the option "uninstall" in grey, can't click it...

McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me. [​IMG]

:)

SaleemAlkhouri, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Time Lady Win User

Unable to uninstall McAfee

Have you tried the Mcafee uninstall/clean up tool?

Download and run the MCPR tool:
    • Download the MCPR tool from http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp and save it to a temporary folder on your computer.

NOTE: Because the MCPR tool is updated periodically, always download a new copy before each use to ensure that it can recognize and fully remove newer McAfee products.

• Browse to the folder where you saved the file and double-click MCPR.exe.
    • If you see a User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
    • At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
    • At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
    • When prompted, type the Captcha information exactly as seen (it is case-sensitive) and then click Next. (This step minimizes accidental executions of MCPR.)
    • If you have Family Protection installed, follow steps a and b below. Otherwise, continue to step 8.
      • Type your Family Protection Administrator name and Password, then click Next.
      • If authentication fails, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code.
    • When you see the CleanUp Successful message, restart your computer to completely remove your McAfee product.

Time Lady, Apr 29, 2020
  3. PattyS Win User
    Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall

Hi Borg,

I downloaded ESET AV Remover. It did not find the remaining files of McAfee, but it did a great job of uninstalling the AVG files. I wanted to get rid of that, but it did not show up on Revo Uninstaller. The ESET website does have instructions on how to manually remove files by starting in SafeMode. I'll try that next, and let you know. Thanks!

Update:
    I tried the manual uninstall as instructed on the ESET page, but McAfee *Devilstill doesn't allow me permission. On to the next suggestion! McAfee is most definitely a virus

PattyS, Apr 29, 2020
  4. lbeck Win User

McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.

Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast

I was troubled by the red dot and "X" beside some files in windows explorer so was recommended to uninstall my antivirus software because Windows Defender is sufficient. Running McAfee utility MCPR.exe the first thing that happened was I get a very small window almost impossible to read. See image with window in upper left corner. Then entering the security (capcha?) characters just continues to provided updated characters without allowing me to proceed.

Then trying to uninstall Avast my computer on rebooting gives the OS select screen (see blue image). Selecting the Avast option puts me in safe mode without instructions on how to proceed.

Booting into W10 still works but now Microsoft Word isn't operating properly, giving error messages shown in the other image.

What have I done wrong and how should I proceed? Rebooting continues to produce the same Avast boot option. Running MCPR.exe continues to produce the small window without allowing the uninstall to continue, and I continue to have problems with MSFT Word.

lbeck, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.

1. McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me. - Similar Threads - McAfee uninstall impossible

2. Mcafee Safe connect wont allow me to unistall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mcafee Safe connect wont allow me to unistall: McAfee Safe Connect was accidentally installed with Adobe Reader. However it keeps popping up and does not even show up under installed apps. I found the file location but even right click "uninstall" does nothing. Thank you!...
  3. Mcafee Safe connect wont allow me to unistall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mcafee Safe connect wont allow me to unistall: McAfee Safe Connect was accidentally installed with Adobe Reader. However it keeps popping up and does not even show up under installed apps. I found the file location but even right click "uninstall" does nothing. Thank you!...
  4. New ThinkPad, won't uninstall Mcafee,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New ThinkPad, won't uninstall Mcafee,: Type 20yg-003gus, 7 days since initial start, regrettably installed w11 per Lenovo recommendation upon initial set-up, mcafee will not uninstall so I can install norton. Tried what is on-line, no luck. Called Lenovo, Tech help for this is $200/yr. Any ideas?...
  5. New ThinkPad, won't uninstall Mcafee,

New ThinkPad, won't uninstall Mcafee,: Type 20yg-003gus, 7 days since initial start, regrettably installed w11 per Lenovo recommendation upon initial set-up, mcafee will not uninstall so I can install norton. Tried what is on-line, no luck. Called Lenovo, Tech help for this is $200/yr. Any ideas?...
  6. McAfee Webadvisor won't allow any downloads.

in Windows 10 Customization
    McAfee Webadvisor won't allow any downloads.: I've had this problem for quite a while now. Every download fails due to "Virus scan failed". I have tried deleting my cache, updating to the latest version of chrome, using a different browser, deleting all extensions as well as McAfee Webadvisor. I'm also running an up to...
  7. mcafee uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    mcafee uninstall: I reset my windows 10 laptop. I deselected the option to install mcafee security. yet It got installed. now I m trying touninstall it but unsuccessful. plz provide solution...
  8. Uninstall McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall McAfee: I tried to uninstall the App via Settings, as well as via the Uninstall Programs on the Control Panel. No success at all - the response is: Navigation to web page was cancelled. I can't refresh the page. The only way to get out is to Close Window on the Taskbar...
  9. Uninstalling McAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalling McAfee: I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most...
  10. Mcafee Safe connect wont allow me to unistall

Mcafee Safe connect wont allow me to unistall: irus when I downloaded Adobe. I know, im a dumba**. is there away to override the app blocking from uninstalling. ive tried the Command Prompt 2...