Windows 10: Mcafee virus notification keeps popping up even if I am not using the software

Discus and support Mcafee virus notification keeps popping up even if I am not using the software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This image keeps popping up on Google Chrome, and I don't know why! I don't even use McAfee, and I checked my programs list to make sure. It shows up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rutu1, Mar 30, 2021.

1. rutu1 Win User

Mcafee virus notification keeps popping up even if I am not using the software

This image keeps popping up on Google Chrome, and I don't know why! I don't even use McAfee, and I checked my programs list to make sure.

It shows up randomly, and windows keeps notifying me. I know how to turn off notifications, but I want to get rid of the source that's causing this. Please help. Thank you

Mcafee virus notification keeps popping up even if I am not using the software b174082e-c98c-4b16-a8d2-80da375110a4?upload=true.jpg

:)

rutu1, Mar 30, 2021

2. Notification Screen Keeps Popping Up

Hello Gerald,

If you keep on getting a notification pop-up, you may want to turn off the notification from apps and other senders. You can follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Look for System and select Notifications & actions.
    • Then, turn on/off the Get notifications from apps and other senders option.

If that didn't make any difference, you may consider reverting to your previous version of Windows. You can follow the steps in this
    article. Just look for
    Go back to your previous version of Windows section.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 30, 2021
  3. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Mcafee virus notification keeps popping up even if I am not using the software

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Mcafee virus notification keeps popping up even if I am not using the software

1. Mcafee virus notification keeps popping up even if I am not using the software - Similar Threads - Mcafee virus notification

2. Stopping McAfee pop ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping McAfee pop ups: Hi thereI am trying to stop the McAfee pop ups that say my computer is not covered when I now have Norton security. I tried going into settings to turn them off and they are already turned off. It is getting really annoying! Would be grateful for any help....thanks...
  3. Stopping McAfee pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stopping McAfee pop ups: Hi thereI am trying to stop the McAfee pop ups that say my computer is not covered when I now have Norton security. I tried going into settings to turn them off and they are already turned off. It is getting really annoying! Would be grateful for any help....thanks...
  4. Stopping McAfee pop ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. McAfee Pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    McAfee Pop up: I do not and never have had Mcafee installed on my PC. I started getting a pop up today See below. Defiantly a virus. I've run Defender and Malwarebytes, neither one finds and removes it. This has been listed earlier but neither of the fixes offered works. Is anyone else...
  6. McAfee Pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    McAfee Pop up: I do not and never have had Mcafee installed on my PC. I started getting a pop up today See below. Defiantly a virus. I've run Defender and Malwarebytes, neither one finds and removes it. This has been listed earlier but neither of the fixes offered works. Is anyone else...
  7. McAfee security pop-up.

McAfee security pop-up.: I have a MS Surface Pro 3. I get a McAfee pop-up throughout every day telling me my computer is unprotected. What do I need to do, or how can I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mcafee-security-pop-up/2182bd3b-40c2-4651-af32-dcd92c82b992
  8. keep on getting a pop up from mcafee

keep on getting a pop up from mcafee: i keep on getting a pop up from McAfee i dont how or why THanks Amy Sosinsky https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/keep-on-getting-a-pop-up-from-mcafee/0775561c-d12b-40ec-8e11-04c6db22e2d8
  9. McAfee Pop up

McAfee Pop up: I keep receiving a pop up in $ when I am in the UK advising me to buy Mcafee and update to a 2.5x faster microsoft experience. I already have a subscription to Mcafee which I update a couple of months ago. Can anyone advise how I stop these pop ups as they appear when I am...
  10. Website notifications keep popping up even after turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Website notifications keep popping up even after turning off: I keep having notifications pop up from different website links even after turning them off in the settings. May I know if anyone has the same issue or knows how to solve this?...