Windows 10: Mcafee virus scan and windows defender are not working together

Discus and support Mcafee virus scan and windows defender are not working together in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Virus and threat production saying Mcafee virus scan is snozeed.How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kabee007, Mar 6, 2020.

1. kabee007 Win User

Mcafee virus scan and windows defender are not working together

Virus and threat production saying Mcafee virus scan is snozeed.How can I fix this?

:)

kabee007, Mar 6, 2020
  2. oemSoft Win User

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Mar 6, 2020
  3. mpff Win User
    WHY DOES WINDOWS 10 NOT WORK WITH McAFEE ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION?

It has come to my attention that Windows 10 is totally not compatible with McAfee Anti-virus protection. THOUSANDS of people are reporting when running a virus scan, with McAfee, after upgrading to Windows 10, the scan is unable to complete, constantly stops
    at 97 or 98% every time. I called McAfee, and they tell me Microsoft was to offer a download fix for this issue, but has failed to do so.

Why is Microsoft not resolving this issue?

It is not just a McAfee issue, as my virus protection worked just fine when I was still using Windows 8.1.

I am VERY disappointed in Microsoft letting this issue go on. As for Windows Defender, it is rated the WORSE POSSIBLE virus protection out there. I would suggest no one rely on this to protect their PC.

So, when is Microsoft going to send out a download fix, to allow McAfee virus protection to again work properly? OR, will they just ignore it, as they have so far?

Marty

mpff, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Mcafee virus scan and windows defender are not working together

McAfee Virus Scan Mobile Program

Does anyone know if Windows Mobile supports this anymore? I got two issues here.

1) I'm having a real headache trying to get this problem taken care of. I've tried to update the programs virus listing. But I've been getting this error everytime: "A problem has occured with VSMserver.exe." Then it ask me to send in the report (yea sureee).
    I've called AT&T, who passed me to motorola, who suggested I talk to McAfee themselves (since it's "their" program). I got close to getting help from McAfee but they kept asking for some key code or something.

2)Is has a REAL annoying habit of asking to scan and update when ever it pleases. I could be in the middle of a text and "bling" one of the two will come up. How can I changed this?

So after all that, should I ditch McAfee off the mobi and find another mobile virus scanner??

Shadowstarz, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Mcafee virus scan and windows defender are not working together

1. Mcafee virus scan and windows defender are not working together - Similar Threads - Mcafee virus scan

2. McAfee and windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee and windows defender: I have McAfee LiveSave installed on my windows 10 home edition which is taking over the Windows defender firewall. I am trying to add some restrictions in the windows defender firewall inbound policy but it seems to have no effect. I tried blocking port 445 but a netstat...
  3. McAfee scanning

McAfee scanning: Hello. I cant get my McAfee to stop continuously scanning. I x out and it starts up again. I manually set the scan time and it just keeps restarting to scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mcafee-scanning/e8c5f192-5888-4050-9222-5465673cd6d5
  4. How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?: For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically? Does anyone have any suggestions?...
  5. window defender or mcafee

window defender or mcafee: Hello. I have purchased a new computer that has mcafee installed. I don't want McAfee and prefer Windows defender from the information that I have gathered from the internet. So, can I completely remove MCAfee from my computer and turn on Windows Defender? How do I do this...
  6. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  7. Defender virus scan

Defender virus scan: When I try to scan in Windows Defender, I get a notice in red: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-virus-scan/91a276bf-4e55-434a-81f5-6a85212ee6d7"
  8. defender virus scanning not work why?

defender virus scanning not work why?: defender virus scanning not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-virus-scanning-not-work-why/1e1e885f-ff9e-4e5c-b7a9-e5eeb0c3cae8
  9. McAfee Scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    McAfee Scan: After this scan an error message appears "setup.exe not detected. How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-scan/6c6a8417-e796-4c87-b380-bb1873757fd2
  10. Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line

Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line: Hi! I know that Windows Defender allows to scan for viruses by command line. I'm using it not for simple problem - after scan (?) it closes console and I see result not. I'm using this command: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 3 -File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macaffe scan not in defender