Windows 10: McAfee was installed on this PC

Discus and support McAfee was installed on this PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; McAfee was installed on this PC when I bought it. Should I remove it and depend only on Windows virus scan and firewall?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Boblithire, Feb 15, 2019.

1. McAfee was installed on this PC

McAfee was installed on this PC when I bought it. Should I remove it and depend only on Windows virus scan and firewall?

:)

Boblithire, Feb 15, 2019

2. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Feb 15, 2019
  3. QNAP Releases McAfee Antivirus for Turbo NAS

Step right up, folks! Yes, now your QNAP Turbo NAS can feel as sluggish as your desktop PC with a new McAfee AntiVirus subscription. And let's not forget that false sense of security when malware walks right past McAfee AV without even a squawk.
    *Roll :roll:

Static~Charge, Feb 15, 2019
  4. McAfee was installed on this PC

win 10 will not allow me to open McAfee

Hi Norbert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to un-install/re-install McAfee and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, right click on the
      McAfee and select uninstall it.

• Now install it again.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

McAfee was installed on this PC

1. McAfee was installed on this PC - Similar Threads - McAfee was installed

2. How did McAfee get installed on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did McAfee get installed on my PC?: My PC woke up from sleep on its own. When I signed in, there was a popup from McAfee. I discovered that it had just been installed at the precise time my PC was awakened. I uninstalled it but am having a lot of trouble getting rid of all the related files. I'm getting help...
  3. How did McAfee get installed on my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did McAfee get installed on my PC?: My PC woke up from sleep on its own. When I signed in, there was a popup from McAfee. I discovered that it had just been installed at the precise time my PC was awakened. I uninstalled it but am having a lot of trouble getting rid of all the related files. I'm getting help...
  4. Why is Microsoft installing McAfee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft installing McAfee: So recently I am getting spamed to death in my Hotmail account, not sure why.So I reset Windows and I ended up with McAfee, can someone at Microsoft explain this? Defender is not enough?And why I am I getting spamed to death in hotmail recently I mean a email address with...
  5. Why is Microsoft installing McAfee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft installing McAfee: So recently I am getting spamed to death in my Hotmail account, not sure why.So I reset Windows and I ended up with McAfee, can someone at Microsoft explain this? Defender is not enough?And why I am I getting spamed to death in hotmail recently I mean a email address with...
  6. Is McAfee pre-installed on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is McAfee pre-installed on windows?: I was looking in program files and I saw files for McAfee. But I don't think McAfee is installed on the computer (nothing appears in the bottom right, only Norton is there) but I saw some McAfee processes in the task manager (like: McAfee firewall). So, does McAfee come...
  7. mcafee install along with reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mcafee install along with reset: hi all, my first post so please bear with me. reset windows 10 build 19041 and found McAfee. will not uninstall even using their removal tool. any advice would be great 150587
  8. McAfee and Norton Expired? Not Installed

McAfee and Norton Expired? Not Installed: Hey all, my wife started getting two error messages last night. McAfee and Norton say that they are both expired and need to be renewed. She does not have either one of those programs installed. Strictly MS antivirus and Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes and AV show her system...
  9. unable to install McAfee Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to install McAfee Antivirus: I bought HP HP Notebook - 14s-df0004tu, it comes 1yr free McAfee Antivirus Internet security. but when I install I got following error msg " Secure by design To keep you safer, only verified apps from the Microsoft Store can be installed on this PC " whether I able to...
  10. McAfee Total Protection Installation problem

McAfee Total Protection Installation problem: Hi I am trying to install the newest version of McAfee Total Protection in my Windows 7 professional laptop. It doesnt allow me to install even after i removed windows defender and cleaned it up for any suspicious malware or viruses. How could I install MTP and what needs...