Windows 10: McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall

Discus and support McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I turn my computer on, a warning says McAfee Virus Protection & Firewall have been turned off. I turn them back on but something is turning them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evelyn649, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Evelyn649 Win User

McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall

When I turn my computer on, a warning says McAfee Virus Protection & Firewall have been turned off. I turn them back on but something is turning them off again. What's causing this?

:)

Evelyn649, Jan 6, 2020

2. Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection for Windows 10

Microsoft recommends the use of its own products and sites.

>
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/products

There does not exist 1 security product which is THE best and which will catch each and every infection..

Whenever you think that your computer might be infected you can run on-demand scans with some of the products listed here:

List of Malware Removal Tools

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Best Anti Virus and Firewall help plz

If you are going to pay for a anti virus then kaspersky would be my pick but if you want firewall protection then I would recommend either a good router with firewall options or a stand alone firewall.

brandonwh64, Jan 6, 2020
  4. McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall

Windows Defender and McAffee

sadly not...I uninstalled the programme but there is a second item listed in programmes which seems to be an empty file, just a banner for McAffee LIvesafe asking me to update my subscription. When I try to uninstall that I get a pop up asking which file
    I want...but there is no option to highlight and nothing listed. I can't delete it through right click either. I've restarted twice and still have Defender saying I need to update Virus protection and Firewall through McAffee....

Wondering if I should install the McAffee uninstaller as someone suggested above??

IreneCollier, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall

1. McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall - Similar Threads - McAffee Anti Virus

2. Anti virus protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti virus protection: Wonder what anti-virus of choice do the folks on this forum use ? I recently had problem with my os that thanks to Tekkie Boy and others helped me to get fixed. Great bunch of folks here! Since it has been repaired and working great,I have been using Windows Defender as my AV...
  3. update anti virus protection

update anti virus protection: update anti virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/update-anti-virus-protection/2bfbafc1-1075-4f4c-b522-0771fbb902ed
  4. anti virus protection

anti virus protection: When i turn on my computer the notification screen tells me I have to turn on my virus protection. Upon checking on this issue its states that my virus protect is turned on . What is causing this notification error....
  5. anti-virus protection setting

anti-virus protection setting: Trying to access "Virus and threat protection" and get "Page not available Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." No IT admin, other than myself. I...
  6. anti virus and malware protection

anti virus and malware protection: Windows Security is now recognised now as being more than adequate for protection from viruses malware ransomeware ect. Will this eventually negate the need for third party software and what will happen to the likes of Bitdefender Kaspersky McAfee etc. Will people still...
  7. anti virus protection

anti virus protection: I have a Dell PC and it has McAfee virus protection and it wants me to renew it. But I would just as soon keep Microsoft protection can I change it back to Microsoft in setting ? thank...
  8. Anti virus and malware protection

Anti virus and malware protection: Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/anti-virus-and-malware-protection/6a679aa5-3f2b-4172-84f6-b812aa914cfb
  9. Security, Anti-Virus protection

Security, Anti-Virus protection: I have Viper Security installed on my Laptop, I have recently had a problem with receiving phony scams from a third party (inferring they are from Microsoft). I reported that to Microsoft Security. I now would like to switch from Viper to Defender (which is on my laptop)....
  10. Free anti virus protection

Free anti virus protection: Hello, I need to know how to get your free anti virus protection on this laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_scanner-protect_scanning-windows_10/free-anti-virus-protection/18ed61d7-9071-4541-bd17-c905c3023dca