Windows 10: McAffee

Discus and support McAffee in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am constantly being bombarded with requests to rejoin MacAfee which I do NOT want to do, how do I stop this invasion?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by John Meanwell, Jan 14, 2022 at 10:37 AM.

1. McAffee

I am constantly being bombarded with requests to rejoin MacAfee which I do NOT want to do, how do I stop this invasion?

:)

John Meanwell, Jan 14, 2022 at 10:37 AM

2. Windows Defender and McAffee

sadly not...I uninstalled the programme but there is a second item listed in programmes which seems to be an empty file, just a banner for McAffee LIvesafe asking me to update my subscription. When I try to uninstall that I get a pop up asking which file
    I want...but there is no option to highlight and nothing listed. I can't delete it through right click either. I've restarted twice and still have Defender saying I need to update Virus protection and Firewall through McAffee....

Wondering if I should install the McAffee uninstaller as someone suggested above??

3. computer hang & BSOD

3 dumps point to 3 different device drivers:

• One blames McAffee.
    • One Blames your NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
    • The last one says your Intel WiFi network adapter
    I suggest completely uninstalling McAffee and using
    built in defender in its place for some time.

The next step would be completely uninstalling and reinstalling both the above said drivers.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 14, 2022 at 10:38 AM
  4. McAffee

McAffee x86inject.dll

McAffee tells me I am infected by x86inject.dll. Requesting McAffee to delete it has no action. Windows defender says I have no problems. How can I locate x86inject.dll and delete it?

Thema:

McAffee

1. McAffee - Similar Threads - McAffee

2. McAffee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    McAffee: I am constantly being bombarded with requests to rejoin MacAfee which I do NOT want to do, how do I stop this invasion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcaffee/83f65f26-0e57-4d4a-ae71-ba3799c66bf9
  3. McAffee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    McAffee: I am constantly being bombarded with requests to rejoin MacAfee which I do NOT want to do, how do I stop this invasion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcaffee/83f65f26-0e57-4d4a-ae71-ba3799c66bf9
  4. How do I stop the notification of renewing my McAffee antivirus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I stop the notification of renewing my McAffee antivirus.: How do I stop the notification of renewing my McAffee antivirus? Also, Norton Antivirus ads pop up. It says I have viruses and then I'll get request to download Norton Antivirus and it says I have 5 viruses on Edge. Windows Protector states no virus and computer is protected....
  5. McAffee Boss found dead

McAffee Boss found dead: From the BBC just now. John McAfee: Anti-virus creator found dead in prison cell - BBC News 181513
  6. McAffee vs Windows Defender. Will it catch what Windows defender missed?

McAffee vs Windows Defender. Will it catch what Windows defender missed?: Windows defender is a huge resource hog. I believe McAffee is bigger. Is McAffee that much better. Is it worth the price in resources. I find the offers to upgrade harassing. They are not my favorite company. Some of you guys are big fans. Im curious. My opinion isnt set in...
  7. Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee

Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee: The "Virus & threat protection" screen says I am doing this myself ie not using Microsoft. I was using McAffee but uninstalled it. How do I enable the Microsoft virus and threat protection please....
  8. McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall: When I turn my computer on, a warning says McAfee Virus Protection & Firewall have been turned off. I turn them back on but something is turning them off again. What's causing this?...
  9. McAffee warning on MS Edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAffee warning on MS Edge browser: I do not have McAfee software installed but I've started to get a warning message on my browser telling me my subscription has expired (today's date) and to visit...
  10. windows defender mcaffee and norton

windows defender mcaffee and norton: I have mcaffee and Norton 360 on my computer. I have clicked over to windows defender. when I click on mcaffee or Norton 360 nothing seems to happen. do I still need them ? can I run them separate to windows defender? or are they now surplus as windows defender is all I...