Windows 10: MCT boot usb

Discus and support MCT boot usb in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to move the boot media from one USB drive to another one with out having to create one. Example: I have a 8gb MCT bootable USB with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Plankton, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Plankton Win User

MCT boot usb

Is it possible to move the boot media from one USB drive to another one with out having to create one.

Example: I have a 8gb MCT bootable USB with version 1909 on it. Can I move/transfer it to another USB drive?

:)

Plankton, Jul 20, 2020

2. USB made with MCT does not boot!

Update: Tried the USB made using RUGUS -- same problem.

Made a DVD using the same ISO -- it boots fine.

@cerebrus: Will try what you suggested and report back the results. Thanks

UPDATE: IT works -- the laptop booted from the USB stick!

Mark Phelps, Jul 20, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    USB made with MCT does not boot!

The issue is most likely with the drive itself not software. Some drives just will not boot no matter why you try - I have no idea why. I guess it is USB driver related.

Don't use Rufus or anything - do this

1) download iso from MS

2) put usb drive in PC and prepare it like this

Run an admin command prompt and type following commands

diskpart

list disk

select disk n (n=number of USB drive, usually last on list)

clean (wipes drive - be certain right drive has been selected)

create partition primary

select partition 1

format fs=fat32 quick

active

assign

exit

exit

3) Note assigned USB drive letter

4) mount iso as a drive, and copy all files to USB drive

5) boot from USB drive

If it does not boot now it is a problem with the drive.

cereberus, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

MCT boot usb

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

MCT boot usb nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

MCT boot usb

1. MCT boot usb - Similar Threads - MCT boot usb

2. Mct usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mct usb: I have a USB 64 GB (my first one of this size) with the 20H1 ISO using the MCT. Can I still use it as storage and still be able to boot from it. All my other USB drives are 8 gb or less. So no big deal for an "only" single use USB drive. 160310
  3. Microsoft MCT / USB issue

Microsoft MCT / USB issue: Hello everyone just had a question, im going to be upgrading my HHD to a SSD but im going to be reinstalling windows from my USB by downloading the Microsoft Creation Tool. The MCT is telling me I don't have the 8gb space on my USB but its a 128GB USB with nothing on it. What...
  4. MCT tool Failure

MCT tool Failure: Hi to all, MCT tool is the same case that the screen disappears before the end. In either option USB or ISO. I could wish if it fail was without wasting long hours and spending net. Actually this is tired me. Surrounded by failures in failure. The negatives in the windows 10...
  5. MCT not functional. Making USB Install, Copy ISO content?

MCT not functional. Making USB Install, Copy ISO content?: I referred to this thread from April: Use MCT to create bootable Flash drive with previously downloaded ISO Post #2 from Bree looks really simple - so simple I'd be amazed. The first thing is to mark the USB device "active" according to Bree. AFAIK, and just tried it, Disk...
  6. MCT error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MCT error: I downloaded MCT and started making ISO. Due to failure of internet, I had to cancel operation of making ISO and started again. I am getting error as follows. [img] I deleted contents of windows/softwaredistribution/download folder. I also did the following commands in...
  7. USB made with MCT does not boot!

USB made with MCT does not boot!: Admittedly, since it's been around 2 years since I tried to boot a PC using the USB media made from the MCT, but unless my memory is faulty, I recall being able to boot from it. I tried to boot my crashed HP laptop using a new USB and it would not boot. I tried three...
  8. mct and clean install

mct and clean install: On Dec 12 I used the Media Creation Tool and downloaded the file and did a clean install. It was the RTM 10240? So I set up to be on the Fast Ring no real problem. This morning Dec 14 it downloaded and installed TR2 and it was 10586. The files in file manager did not seem...
  9. Latest MCT

Latest MCT: Where would I be able to download the Anniversary MCT windows 10 home.As I would like to make an iso on to a dvd just incase of disaster. Thanks. 59757
  10. Windows 10 MCT to DVD vs USB

Windows 10 MCT to DVD vs USB: When upgrading to Windows 10 with MCT, should I create DVD or USB, any pros or cons of each media type? There has been cases of USB attack vector. Is there a way to write protect the USB after creating the setup media? The DVD is automatically finalized and write protected...