Windows 10: MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option?

Discus and support MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there any way to get Win10 installer to prompt for time zone when using a USB drive installer made by the Media Creation Tool? Every time I clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mta3006, Apr 25, 2019.

1. mta3006 Win User

MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option?

Is there any way to get Win10 installer to prompt for time zone when using a USB drive installer made by the Media Creation Tool? Every time I clean install, the time seems to get set from my CPU clock, but the time zone is always set to Pacific time - Is this because I install with no internet access? *Confused

:)

mta3006, Apr 25, 2019

2. Time zone is all messed up

I am located in Europe and all I know is that during the Win10 install it does not have the option to select a Time zone. The default time zone is Pacific Time which is -9 hours behind my time zone.

So for example, when installing Win10 locally here on a Friday February 19 on 1700 my time zone shows from the Original Install Date of February 20 02:00 from running the Systeminfo command.

How can I resolve this issue next time I install Win10 to show my local time zone from the Systeminfo command?

What steps do I need to do?

win10freak, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Is there a fix for Arizona time zone? My phone constantly is switching back and forth between Mountain and Pacific Time Zones.

Thanks for the response.

I am not close to both Time Zones I am in Phoenix.

To be more descriptive, right now my phone will be on Mountain time (AZ is on Pacific time right now) so it displays 11:49. Last night it was correctly displaying Pacific time.

It does seem like a stupid question and it's one that I have delayed asking. When I set the phone up I selected Arizona Time Zone because it was an option. Now under settings>date&time it displays UTC-07 Mountain Time and there is no option to change it.
    I haven't checked what it displays when it is correctly Pacific time so I'm not sure if it changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TravisPetersen, Apr 25, 2019
  4. MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option?

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option?

1. MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option? - Similar Threads - MCT clean install

2. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  3. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  4. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  5. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  6. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone: My date & time always sets itself to pacific despite the fact that I have "set time zone automatically" disabled and am in the eastern time zone, although it was also doing this when I was in the central time zone. I cannot even turn on "set time automatically" because this...
  7. There is no option for the Philippine Time zone in the time zone menu

There is no option for the Philippine Time zone in the time zone menu: Hello I was trying to configure my time zone because all the time on my desktop, browser, and apps were displaying the wrong time. So I went through the settings and fix it, but the option is not there, I checked my second laptop and see if it really isn't there, but it is,...
  8. Clean w/o Install - Only OS to Remain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean w/o Install - Only OS to Remain: I have been asked to help, and am clueless. I've been given a working laptop and a tower to prepare for a yard sale and if not sold to donate to Salvation Army. It is desired to wipe the drives and leave only the OS. No way to find OS recovery discs so install not possible,...
  9. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically: I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and allows me to select my new time zone, but does not update or change anything. I am able to manually modify my time but not my...
  10. mct and clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mct and clean install: On Dec 12 I used the Media Creation Tool and downloaded the file and did a clean install. It was the RTM 10240? So I set up to be on the Fast Ring no real problem. This morning Dec 14 it downloaded and installed TR2 and it was 10586. The files in file manager did not seem...