Windows 10: Mct usb

Discus and support Mct usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a USB 64 GB (my first one of this size) with the 20H1 ISO using the MCT. Can I still use it as storage and still be able to boot from it. All my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Plankton, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Plankton Win User

Mct usb

I have a USB 64 GB (my first one of this size) with the 20H1 ISO using the MCT. Can I still use it as storage and still be able to boot from it. All my other USB drives are 8 gb or less. So no big deal for an "only" single use USB drive.

:)

Plankton, Jul 9, 2020
  2. 4B11MRX Win User

Microsoft MCT / USB issue

Hello everyone just had a question, im going to be upgrading my HHD to a SSD but im going to be reinstalling windows from my USB by downloading the Microsoft Creation Tool. The MCT is telling me I don't have the 8gb space on my USB but its a 128GB USB
    with nothing on it. What gives...

4B11MRX, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Bootable USB

bought a new usb, formatted it. used MCT, did not go the DVD route since new computer does not have one. USB on damaged unit does not show up as UEFI nor does it do anything. I had listed the files in a previous post that are burned to the USB, is there
    some further step that must be taken within the USB to prepare it for opening by the damaged unit?

lonestarfisher, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Mct usb

Use MCT to create bootable Flash drive with previously downloaded ISO

Actually the MS way seems to be the other way round, first copy the files to the USB then use Bootsect...

TechNet | Step-By-Step: Prepare USB Media to Install Windows 10 (April 2015)

As it happens, last week I made a Win 8.1 install USB by copying the files from a DVD that itself had been burned from an ISO made by the Win 8 MCT. I didn't use the Bootsect command and that boots fine on my legacy bios systems.

Apparently...
    How to Use Bootsect /nt60 to Update the VBC to BOOTMGR

...so the fact that my USB booted without being updated suggests it's a redundant opperation.

I don't have a uefi system to test my USB on, perhaps @NavyLCDR could comment on that?

Bree, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Mct usb

1. Mct usb - Similar Threads - Mct usb

2. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  3. Media Creation Tool MCT will now install and create an ISO or USB for Windows 11 version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool MCT will now install and create an ISO or USB for Windows 11 version...: Updated after KB5019311 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Build 22621.525 22H2 released 27 October 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-mct-will-now-install-and/75b42ac4-d6b8-48ed-a857-32284ca6afc0
  4. Media Creation Tool MCT will now install and create an ISO or USB for Windows 11 version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool MCT will now install and create an ISO or USB for Windows 11 version...: Updated after KB5019311 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Build 22621.525 22H2 released 27 October 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-mct-will-now-install-and/75b42ac4-d6b8-48ed-a857-32284ca6afc0
  5. MCT boot usb

in Windows 10 Support
    MCT boot usb: Is it possible to move the boot media from one USB drive to another one with out having to create one. Example: I have a 8gb MCT bootable USB with version 1909 on it. Can I move/transfer it to another USB drive? 161010
  6. Microsoft MCT / USB issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft MCT / USB issue: Hello everyone just had a question, im going to be upgrading my HHD to a SSD but im going to be reinstalling windows from my USB by downloading the Microsoft Creation Tool. The MCT is telling me I don't have the 8gb space on my USB but its a 128GB USB with nothing on it. What...
  7. MCT not functional. Making USB Install, Copy ISO content?

MCT not functional. Making USB Install, Copy ISO content?: I referred to this thread from April: Use MCT to create bootable Flash drive with previously downloaded ISO Post #2 from Bree looks really simple - so simple I'd be amazed. The first thing is to mark the USB device "active" according to Bree. AFAIK, and just tried it, Disk...
  8. USB made with MCT does not boot!

USB made with MCT does not boot!: Admittedly, since it's been around 2 years since I tried to boot a PC using the USB media made from the MCT, but unless my memory is faulty, I recall being able to boot from it. I tried to boot my crashed HP laptop using a new USB and it would not boot. I tried three...
  9. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?: Hello Currently I installed Windows 10 Pro build 10586.0 from my USB flash drive created from the Media Creation Tool (MCT). My question is, I noticed that Microsoft has recently updated the MCT to the latest build. Before I decide to put this latest build onto my USB...
  10. Windows 10 MCT to DVD vs USB

Windows 10 MCT to DVD vs USB: When upgrading to Windows 10 with MCT, should I create DVD or USB, any pros or cons of each media type? There has been cases of USB attack vector. Is there a way to write protect the USB after creating the setup media? The DVD is automatically finalized and write protected...